Help with query asap

Worked today 6am till 12pm in my factory job and agency just rung asking can I start at 6pm for a company to drive to Derby and back later on? So inbetween does it matter that only 6 hours rest as didn’t drive at all last week and this is my only driving shift this week. Cheers . Need to get back to agency as soon as.

I think you could if the job ends by 9pm. that way you will get 9 hours rest from 9pm until 6am following day.

If the driving shift can be finished by 21:00 (15 hours from 06:00) you can legally do it, however it is unlikely that you would be doing a 3 hour driving shift so you probably won’t be finished by 21:00.

If the driving shift cannot be finished by 21:00 then legally you need at-least 9 hours rest before starting the driving shift.

edit: The fact that you did no driving last week and this is the only driving shift this week is irrelevant, if you cannot finish the driving shift no later than 15 hours from the start of this mornings shift you need a reduced daily rest period before starting the driving job.

So the 6 hours between wouldn’t be enough of a reduced rest??Agency be happy now if I have to cancel! :confused: Edit- Sorry just re read it need minimum 9. ■■■■ was looking forward to it tonight!

I can start driving after 9pm though can I tonight? That will be 9 hours rest done then since 12pm I finished factory job.

Newbie1985:
I can start driving after 9pm though can I tonight? That will be 9 hours rest done then since 12pm I finished factory job.

Yes you can legally start work at or after 21:00, that’s no problem at-all.

tachograph:

Newbie1985:

Yes you can legally start work at or after 21:00, that’s no problem at-all.

Cheers mate

All depends if you want to strictly stick to the law or not. That would be easy to ‘blag’ but its all up to you and of course i would not recommend it :slight_smile:

Ended up doing a shift in a long wheelbase van after delivering plane parts up to Sunderland hell of a drive haven’t long got in. Obviously no tacho used for that so how does that work for next week? I can officially drive class 2 next week I take it?

Newbie1985:
Ended up doing a shift in a long wheelbase van after delivering plane parts up to Sunderland hell of a drive haven’t long got in. Obviously no tacho used for that so how does that work for next week? I can officially drive class 2 next week I take it?

If you’ve done no driving in-scope of EU regulations this week you don’t need a weekly rest period, so there’s nothing stopping you from legally working next week.

So just put it down manually as other work?

Newbie1985:
So just put it down manually as other work?

I assume you mean this weeks work ?

As you haven’t worked in-scope of EU regulations this week there’s no need to keep records for any work done this week.

You’re only required to keep records for work done in weeks that you drive in-scope of EU regulations.