Scania 164. 480 problem

Hi , there guys I’m having a little problem with a scania 164. 480. , when the truck is on a steady long pull at around 1400 rev,s there is a little hesitation in the engine , it’s almost as if it’s running out of diesel and the engine runs ruff , engine is fine under normal driving through gears etc and it’s only when on a long pull does this happen , once the revs clear 1400 it’s fine again and will pull right out to the red , anybody got any ideas what might be the problem here ?

A mate of mine had a flat spot on his scania 580 the other week and it turned out to be the boost pressure sensor
moose

chipliner:
Hi , there guys I’m having a little problem with a scania 164. 480. , when the truck is on a steady long pull at around 1400 rev,s there is a little hesitation in the engine , it’s almost as if it’s running out of diesel and the engine runs ruff , engine is fine under normal driving through gears etc and it’s only when on a long pull does this happen , once the revs clear 1400 it’s fine again and will pull right out to the red , anybody got any ideas what might be the problem here ?

Whats this a Scania gone wrong !!! ■■? .

As it’s a 164-480 I’m guessing it’s got a few miles under its bumper, I’d check the fuel lines, the rubber hoses go wonky on the inside, they’ll look fine from the outside, but they balloon up on the inside and cause fuel restriction, at 1400rpm on a hard pull you’re asking for a lot of fuel, so any fuel restriction will show up more in that situation, it’s a cheap easy fix and should really be part of SOP on an older lorry :wink:

Either that or it could be any one of a multitude of sensors :unamused:

lift pump had it on a r580

newmercman:
As it’s a 164-480 I’m guessing it’s got a few miles under its bumper, I’d check the fuel lines, the rubber hoses go wonky on the inside, they’ll look fine from the outside, but they balloon up on the inside and cause fuel restriction, at 1400rpm on a hard pull you’re asking for a lot of fuel, so any fuel restriction will show up more in that situation, it’s a cheap easy fix l:

Had the same problem a couple of years ago on a 04, changing the hoses sorted it.