EEK!!!

I’ve just managed to crawl myself up from off the floor…
Ten grand insurance quote for 2 trucks…
Is there a doctor in the house?
…and aparently - thats cheap!!!
:open_mouth:
Managing director of Stony Broke Haulage (Ltd) - “have trucks, but no money to run them!”

Ian.

ianyng, how many brokers did you ask for quotes also what about

LLOYDS OF LONDON. they do this type of insurance, what about

talking to those other OWNER DRIVERS here on the web, I am sorry

if these tips are ones that you have all ready tried out, my last tip

what about all those truck mags adverts, or RHA asc, FTA; etc,

Best of luck and I hope that you find the right INSURANCE :

Theres a few reccomendations in this thread
trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8589

I have spoke to a few companies up to now - the main problem is lack of no claims bonus.
Also, as I was self-employed freelance driver before hand, being able to prove an accident - free record isn’t easy.
RHA didn’t seem too keen on taking me, but theres loads o’ firms out there.
I’ll just have to keep hunting for a good deal.
Ian.

is that 10k per truck or 10k for 2 trucks :question: :question: :question: :question:

mine costs £4k with a 30% no claim bonus - £5700 without - It also cost me £4000 last year when I had a 20% no claim bonus …

(it’s an X reg Daf 85 6 wheel rigid - 26000kg gross weight - with the added bonus of £30k’s worth of livestock box sat on it most of the time)

I asked RHA for a quote a couple of years ago - they asked how much I was paying and then told me they couldn’t beat that :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

10K for both trucks - a 2001 430 Eurostar, and a 520 V8 'star.
GIT/CMR inclusive. Euro coverage. 25K of trailer cover.
I’m starting to think that’s quite good now!

Ian.

as a new start on artics the best quote i could find was £5200 fully comp that was from axa and included uk breakdown,windscreen and tyre repair this is based on no ncb because i’ve only had my current insurance eight months,tpft i could gety for as little as three grand.

just had a quote 6x2 85 daf 99sreg, 3760 .00. for unit any driver over 25. 460.00 git/ public liability. new start figures. brendan.

i shouldn’t grumble at that, 10k for 2 trucks is a low rate for a first timer, i know of owner d’s that pay more than that now or at least did until they couldn’t carry on anymore.
you may be able to get it down a bit more if you fit alarms or tracking devices, offer only over 25 and with 3 years or 5 years exp drivers too.
you might get it lower with extra security devices and if you guarantee secure parking overnight, ask about registered secure sites in the uk and europe that your insurer recomends, sometimes you can get a discount sometimes not.

That doesn’t seem out of the way to me. Just what it costs these days.