Foden road relay

in the foden ive bought it has a road relay 4 fitted on just a brief look at it whilst loading what the hell is it ? and is it any good messing around with it today i cant see the point of it unless i am missing something

iirc, it is sort of an onboard computer

Its quite good once you get used to it. You can record routes and what not so you could compare 2 different routes to the same place and work out which is best by the fuel used and time, also you can record segments so you could work out if using one road is better than another fuel wise. Its also handy to see if the driver is utilising cruse control and the jake brake or are the always on the footbrake as it adds up the time each time you use the foot brake or jake, cruse control, top gear, next gear down, harsh braking, overspeeds, over revs and if your really good with it you can set up a driver reward system.

Sorry if this makes no sense, I’m knackerd, I’ll re do it tomorrow when my noggins working.

The road relay also displays fault codes and the handbook has the list in of what the codes mean.

think i will have a mess around with it next time am in it think its not been used for sometime may just need reseting

See what you mean helps if you no how to reset all of it first, is there a way of downloading whats on it

A dealer with the right software can download it, but I don’t think you can do it yourself.

Anyone fitted a road relay to a wagon that didn’t have one from new , mines wired for one and I got one out of a scrapper but have been advised not to plug it in for fear of blowing the ecu ?