Digi Card Download Machine

Does anyone have any ideas?

I operate 25 miles from head office, and I download the guys cards every 28 days using a card reader plugged into my laptop. However, it is a bit late for the reports that are created weekly and head office would like me to do every week. It is not always possible as I am not always there every Friday. Is there a device that I can leave up there, the guys download there cards on a Friday and I can upload to the system when I get up there? Any ideas would be much appreciated as well as links to websites where the item can be brought from

Thanks

You have a PM

I’ve got one of these, it can read cards without being connected to a laptop

optac.info/uk/shop/product.aspx?pid=9939-012

cheaper here though :wink:
ebay.co.uk/itm/Optac-Digital … 3a70e2cfad

Denis F:

So can these.

008 (5).jpg

Denis F:

Thank you Denis most helpful :smiley:

Wheel Nut:

Denis F:

So can these.

I have one of those, its the cards I want to download without my laptop being there

optac.info/uk/optac-2.html

I use the above from stoneridge, can just leave it at the site then plug it in to your laptop with a usb to usb cable when you get there. Battery operated. The file format is compatable with the siemens analysis servers.

You could be posh and use this:

dtco.vdo.com/generator/www/c … ab=4383480

Then you wouldn’t ever have to go there! You’re welcome.

Siemens do a stand alone mobile card reader like the optac, there’s a picture of the device in the link below, you may need to zoom in as it’s quite small. They were a bit late to the market with a mobile stand alone card reader which is why I use the optac device paired to their siemens server archive storage.

dtco.vdo.com/generator/www/c … ta_en.html

sorry to hijack your thread but …

purely hyperthetical question .
as an employed driver would it be legal for me to download my own digi card information if i were to have a card reader thingyma bob ? i dont have one you understand im just asking … :sunglasses:

p.s. if i did down load on my own downloading thing would my boss be able to tell ?

bowser:

as an employed driver would it be legal for me to download my own digi card information if i were to have a card reader thingyma bob ? i dont have one you understand im just asking … :sunglasses:

p.s. if i did down load on my own downloading thing would my boss be able to tell ?

You could download your own records, it doesn’t wipe your card clean, it doesn’t show that you have downloaded it, but if it did, it wouldn’t matter. If you work for 3 companies in a week or a month, they will download it anyway, or they should do.

Just remember that it is the operators responsibility to download the cards and keep complete records for 12 months, the drivers responsibility stops at making it available to him…

bowser:

It’s your data. You’d need an analysis programme to run on your computer as well, not sure how much the simplest software would be.

Silver_Surfer:
http://www.optac.info/uk/optac-2.html

I use the above from stoneridge, can just leave it at the site then plug it in to your laptop with a usb to usb cable when you get there. Battery operated. The file format is compatable with the siemens analysis servers.

You could be posh and use this:

dtco.vdo.com/generator/www/c … ab=4383480

Then you wouldn’t ever have to go there! You’re welcome.

Siemens do a stand alone mobile card reader like the optac, there’s a picture of the device in the link below, you may need to zoom in as it’s quite small. They were a bit late to the market with a mobile stand alone card reader which is why I use the optac device paired to their siemens server archive storage.

dtco.vdo.com/generator/www/c … ta_en.html

thanks for that

stop for diesel, put your fuel card in the machine, then put your digi card in the machine. the fuel card company will send you the download by email. much easier :wink:

sorry chaps id forgot about this thread , thanks for the help … :smiley: