R143/450

Hi Ross,

Thanks for the reply,

do you know of any really nice ones in ireland.

I live right next to A55 in North wales and see many ex Holyhead.

Is there any decent work opportunities over there?? could you give me any advice for regular trunk work ex ireland via holyhead

Thanks

Richard

The links that Ross gave are for 4 series Scanias. The only advice for a clean Irish one( if such a thing exists) is to try McElvaney motors of Monaghan or they have a dealearship off the N2 at Finglass Co Dublin. Not many clean 3 series left on the roads but McElvaneys are main dealers to Republic and if you want to go North, then check out Roadtrucks of Larne. What Ive noticed is that there are a lot of 3 series left on the roads here in Ireland, but most are N reg from England, low cab 360 113 models.

To cut a long rant short, if I was in your boots, McElvaney would be my first choice. If you would like to save a fortune on a MAN TGA check out TK trucks in Carryduff or NI trucks in Mallusk!!

Im sure each have a website but I think a personal interaction might stand you better for the Scania you are looking for.

Any numbers etc you need let me know(or big truck, Ross n ireland etc and we will give you the info).

One question, in this day and age why do you want a 3 series■■?

Kev

I had a previous 3 series with a V8 in it , and it was so good and so reliable, and i feel they are a workable classic. For what i need, it would do the job for me, feel good to drive, and turn a few heads as well.

A truly remarkable truck that covered over 2 million miles without so much as a problem at all, bar a clutch!!!

:slight_smile: How about contacting the sales guys at the various Scania Dealers ?
Starting with the nearest (Haydock Commercials & West Pennine) and then moving on to the others further away from North Wales in due course.They all know their own ‘patch’ intimately, - and which Scania operators still have some 3 series still up and running in their fleets, who might be willing to talk to you :sunglasses: for one reason or another (may be looking to upgrade to a newer model (or throw in the towel completely !)

Have you looked in the classified ads in ‘Commercial Motor’ ?

How about asking Smith Brothers in Widnes to keep an eye out for a suitable model for you ? Tel. 0151 424 5945

Or Williams’s in Knowsley - they sometimes buy in Ireland and bring them back over. - www.williamstruckcentre.co.uk Tel. 0151 546 6333

Or in Preston, M.M. Acquisitions - www.mmacquisitions.com Tel. 01772 556130

Don’t forget to mention you found out about them on TruckNetUK !!

Hope this helps, :wink:

Hi Deesider,

Thanks for the advice, have actually contacted Smith Bros and MM Acq. already.

They are looking??

Are you an O/D ?/

How is work, and is there any decent work around up in this area to tackle.

Any advice would be appreciated as i have been out of it since 2001.
Thanks,

richard.

austria you have mail

:slight_smile: Austria,
A two page ad. in the classified section of todays “Commercial Motor” magazine for :
www.geoff-sipson.co.uk
shows two 143s they have for sale :- a 4x2, 1996 (Red cab) and a 6x2 midlift. 1995 (White cab). Both are N reg. - Might be worth a closer look. :sunglasses:

I used to be an OD, up until a few years ago. The ever increasing cost of fuel and insurances made me decide to get out when I did. :open_mouth: (Sorry :slight_smile: ) - but the best of luck to you in your new venture, anyway.

austira did you get my mail let me know pls