New Truck? - now I'm on the truck dealer trail

After nearly three years of trouble free trucking in a contrct hire Actros, the time has come for me to start looking to replace it. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Unsurprisingly, my inquiry to the Merc dealer about a swish new MP2 was replied to very promptly, but my request for a price with bigger engine and Megaspace cab has’nt been seen to yet.
Trouble is, trying to get other dealers interested in suppliying one truck to somebody who they’ve never done business with before.

Looked in a Stralis cab on Friday, er-no thank you, the dash board looks like an activity centre we bought my youngest from the early learning centre 7 years ago :confused: , and I’m not that convinced about the exterior styling either, I thought they looked better when Iveco disguised them during road testing back in 2000. :laughing:

I would’nt say no to a Volvo FH :sunglasses: , but the price :open_mouth: added to the fact that the main dealer who has a hide out in my local town is a shower of zb, and they don’t like selling trucks either. :unamused:

Scania are also pricey, and for what?, a sun visor that someone like me (6’ 6") either has to look underneath or drop the seat onto the floor to get any foward vision, :unamused:

Another option is to go back to buying and running my own S/H motor, as the contract I’m on at the mo will never be repeated, (New truck, £235 per week inc full R&M for three years) :sunglasses:

Big engine, big cab, reasonably priced, I’ve got three months to find it , WHERE IS IT:? :confused: :confused: :confused:

ERF Olympic with the 460 MAN donkey :question:

You could try the new magnum with the volvo running gear

A pal of mine has just bought an mp2 £57,000 megaspace 460 6x2 & a few extras

north surrey haulage:
You could try the new magnum with the volvo running gear

I sort of half fancied a magnum despite having to risk injury on entry or exit from the cab, what sort of money are they new :question:

6x2 Magnums are £55K new (Renault South West quote last month)

And there are some cracking deals in Comical Motor.

Renault and MAN have some top spec used trucks in the dealer networks.

Well I’m pleased to report job sorted :smiley:

I’ve gone back to buying and running my own motor, and I’ve sourced a Truck from the MB contract hire centre at Barnsley.

Its 2000 Acty Mega Space 530 V8 with 500,000 k’s :sunglasses:
Auto Trans (not what I really wanted, but I’ll give it a try) :confused:
Alloys (to be refurbished)
CC Air Con :sunglasses:
New driver seat squab.
Complete respray inc chassis
Full cab valet
12 months MOT
Full two year warranty (this was the cream on the deal that clinced it for me)
For delivery mid december ready to take over when the current motor returns to MB after christmas.
Its a former contract hire motor that been on full R&M at my local dealer so I’ve even got the full SP.

I declined the full 3 years R&M at £554 per month :open_mouth: as I thought that was a bit steep, and as I’ve got my own workshop I can do my own Safety Inspections.
Although the dealer will have to service it to remain within the warranty, but at 120,000 k intervals that should’nt hurt to much.

Any guesses at how much :question: (sensible ones only please :slight_smile: I know its an Actros)

I’ll have a go bearing in mind I’ve never priced a megaspace!!!
£24000 :question:

Big Truck:
I’ll have a go bearing in mind I’ve never priced a megaspace!!!

Same here but I’d £22,500

cold.

Another try and I hope I’m not insulting you Manwell :exclamation: :exclamation:
£19000 :question:

Ok I’ll go £28,001

Is there a prize at the end :sunglasses: :laughing:

Big Truck:
Another try and I hope I’m not insulting you Manwell :exclamation: :exclamation:
£19000 :question:

Sub zero

north surrey haulage:
Is there a prize at the end :sunglasses: :laughing:

Nope :smiling_imp:

north surrey haulage:
Ok I’ll go £28,001

Quick, dial 999, you’re burning.
Well as it stood with 6months warranty and in its current colours they were asking £25,000.

Jeez, I’m badly out!!!
Makes me think I’ve got even more of a bargain with my 51 plate 440c Foden Alpha XL at £16800,granted it does not have a 530 v8 donkey under it and only 1 years warranty but at the finishing post hauling 44ton it wouldn’t be far away. :laughing: