Feedback on remapping, please

Just bringing this back to the top

I had my old Scania remapped by Scan Tune and now want to get my Volvo FM9 done too but Scan Tune no longer seem to be operating,

Looking for other recomendations please. I’m based near Bedford

Cheers

Mark

Ecuflash uprated the Daf 8w I drive from 360 to 410 and also sorted out the adblue consumption problem.

globby 480:

Goaty:

globby 480:
had 3 of my trucks remapped but i will only let one man touch them!! price doesnt come into it , on two we got slightly better fuel, the 3rd fuel was the same, but didnt do it for fuel did and do them for better driver ability, pulling power,
would i chip any more yes, but again only one man will touch my trucks, if he carnt do them i dont bother, hope that may help a little

Would you care to share this fella’s name with us Globby ?

no problem goaty, the mans name is john a few on here should know him i have delt with john for a few years now, as i say he is the only man i will let near my trucks for that type of work, here is a link scan-tune.co.uk
a top man who knows what is what and is always on the other end of the phone for me if i have any other problems relating to the trucks IE brakes, gearbox etc a very helpfully man, daz

lrm he is a top man aint he
power truck seem just to whap the power to max and away you go one man on here will verify that, i have heard a few bad reports on them regarding there work by just giving it max boost etc which aint really recommended

He is indeed a top man, he has mapped all of my Scania’s, I wouldnt let anyone else near them!! :grimacing:

jimmy2loads:

globby 480:

Goaty:

globby 480:
had 3 of my trucks remapped but i will only let one man touch them!! price doesnt come into it , on two we got slightly better fuel, the 3rd fuel was the same, but didnt do it for fuel did and do them for better driver ability, pulling power,
would i chip any more yes, but again only one man will touch my trucks, if he carnt do them i dont bother, hope that may help a little

no problem goaty, the mans name is john a few on here should know him i have delt with john for a few years now, as i say he is the only man i will let near my trucks for that type of work, here is a link scan-tune.co.uk
a top man who knows what is what and is always on the other end of the phone for me if i have any other problems relating to the trucks IE brakes, gearbox etc a very helpfully man, daz

power truck seem just to whap the power to max and away you go one man on here will verify that, i have heard a few bad reports on them regarding there work by just giving it max boost etc which aint really recommended

He is indeed a top man, he has mapped all of my Scania’s, I wouldnt let anyone else near them!! :grimacing:

He also did my old Volvo fh460

If you have had a remap please would you give me your thoughts.

number9house.

globby 480:

Hi,
Depends on which make of truck you are running, i run scanias and have had them all done, it made the 420 a joy to drive and now the 580 R series with the “overdrive” manual box sits at 56mph all day long in top gear and i kid you not it is bringing back fuel returns of 9.5 to the gallon while sitting at 1150rpm, the man that does mine takes on board what you want from the truck and sets it up accordingly… i not sure about naming him because of all the advertising restrictions but if you google “scania tuning” im sure his web site will come up, if not pm me with your number and i will give you his name and sing his praises to you…

Lrm…

a note of clarification here… if some ones posts that THEY do remapping/chipping for a good price etc etc etc thats advertising, if IN RESPONSE to a question from another forum member and not yourself part of the remapping/chipping company, then a reccomendation and even a link is appropriate and indeed welcomed

I had my 430 95xf remapped by powertrucks.
At first it pulled a hell of a lot better but mpg fell. I called them up, we arranged to meet up in manchester and the power was cut back slightly, and after that the truck pulled like a train, and mpg was the same as before really.
It was worth the money for me as it transformed the the truck. And powertrucks promise to restore edc to original settings anytime.

had an FH-16 550 done at 4 years old by paramount performance, pulled much better than before and fuel improved, although not miraculously. I would recommend them on the whole

Hi,

John at “www.scan-tune.co.uk” is in my opinion the man to speak to regarding remapping scanias, i would be very wary of some bloke with a lap top turning up, pressing a few buttons and hey presto £500 of your hard earned dosh is away, after all how many of these guys are fully trained mechanics who know what they are talking about.

Badly done remapping can lead to all kinds of problems, overheating being my main concern, at the end of the day you are altering the manufacturers settings so its not really the kind of thing you want done by any “geezer wi 2 grands worth of gear”.

kind Regards

Lrm

Goaty:

globby 480:

duly filed away 'till further notice ! :wink:

Had john do myy 2 year old r480 few months ago

Fuel around the same perhaps a slight improvemnt but does she pull

From Santander the other week to soria running with 2 other scanny 480’s a 500 2 480 volvos and left them for dust
arrived 14 mins quicker and a 460 xf105 didnt even make it in 4.5hrs1

Its like a different truck and pulls like a train on the limiter fully freighted not much pulls past it.
John def knows what he is doing and would def get done again. know a few who have got him to do ot and was reccomended .
and if not happy he will come bk give muy money back and put it how it was.
All these others chuck the bhp right up and thaT IT BUT JOHN DOES THE TORQUE LEVELS and evrything
would def reccomend john

I had mine remapped by John at Scantune, he did a sterling job, it pulled like a train after he had set it up, but after a few days it started to lose power. :frowning: :frowning:

I spoke to John we discussed what it might be, he was extremely helpfull, and came out to go through everything he had done.

Still no joy, so did a fuel pressure test, which turned out to be virtually zero, so i fitted a new lift pump, and its running brilliantly now. :grimacing: :grimacing:

So i would highly recomend a fuel pressure test to anyone remapping, as extra performance is required from the fuel system, and it is a very worthwile precaution.

Hi Globby,
i think all the comments on here about johns work speak volumes, but i didnt realise he was doing other marques as well, i have a daf but i can hardly bear to wash it at the minute let alone remap it, long story…

kind regards…

LRM

we have had mine done by john at scantune and its a totally different truck the fuel has come up and pulls well with fewer gear changes it was money well spent

LRM:
Hi Globby,
i think all the comments on here about johns work speak volumes, but i didnt realise he was doing other marques as well, i have a daf but i can hardly bear to wash it at the minute let alone remap it, long story…

kind regards…

LRM

hi lrm john doesnt do any other trucks now he sticks to what he knows best and he does know scanias, i begged him to do our 500 magnum he could have done it but he wasnt happy in doing it and he declined to chip it :frowning: :frowning: and i took his advise offerd and didnt have it done, sold the thing insted :laughing: :laughing: , yer i would wash a daf either only in petrol and a few matches just for good measure :wink: :wink:
one thing well a few things with john he isnt out to rip people of he is as honest as the day is long, he is clued up on scanias .and mostly he will put his self out to help you if you have a problem with your truck be it engine ,gearbox, etc if he can help he will, this service you dont get from other so called chip tuners most aint got a clue what they are doing really

Not wanting to throw a spanner in the works…

I am sure I read a thread on here on a similar discussion. I think a guy came on offering to up the speed limiter on Scannies or something aling those lines and people were saying that the Scania ECU takes a note of every time a computer is connected to it along with the serial number of the OBD cable. May be something to ponder if you’re planning on chipping your newish truck. It wouldn’t be fun if your turbo/pump/engine went and Scanny refused to replace it as they found out you had it wound up.