taygroup any good?

Anyone haul for them. Feedback would be welcome as I am looking at joining up the partnership scheme. Are they any good.

Luke,
What puts me right off is the £100/week for the use of THEIR!!! :angry: trailers,thats £400/month or £5200/year which is a lot of money when some other traction only hauliers don’t charge you any trailer rental or at least let you get a cheaper deal from a trailer rental company.You’ll also find that these companies are paying very similar mileage rates.

It sounds like the trailer part is non-negociable then. I am chatting with them this afternoon to see what the options are. They are one of a few potential companies I am speaking to - are you directly involved with Taygroup?

Is that Taylored lines ? Am I thinking of the right company ? Taygroup own taylored lines, bee line etc ? Let me know.

yes, it is, sounds like Taygroup in the overall holding group name.

my advice ? STAY AWAY. Worked for them , they will have you runnin all over the place ( you have to keep up with the Irish guys who are on there for them) and then you will wait some time to get yer dosh. Bin there, got stung! I had my own trailer as well.

Thanks for the advice routier, they were definately keen mind.
Perhaps the whole thing isn’t such a positive idea anyway.
cheers

Look at the following websites and e-mail them for rates etc:
arlunntransport.com (containers)
leggetts.co.uk (containers)
heckshertransport.com (general haulage)
halcion.co.uk (bulk haulage)
hanburydavies.co.uk (containers/curtainsiders distribution)
These are the main five traction companies that I intend to visit in the next few months to see which one I will take the plunge with if I come over to the mainland to go O/D.

AR LUNN do a lot of traction work, they have several on if not more with Derijke from Holland, whom I have worked for. If you are going O/D , then you would be better approaching the Companies that these companies are working for because if you dont you will get less money!