Hiring 7.5t transporter

Hi Folks

I’m looking for a company in the West Midlands (Birmingham/Coventry) that could either hire me or price up tranporting a vehicle from Birmingham to Cambridge, possibly via Coventry.

The vehicle is under 3 tonne, so I thought a 7.5t could do it but a few hire companies I have spoken to don’t do vehicle transporters :frowning:

Any ideas/Help/Info?

Thanks in advance

You could ask Neil46 when he is here. Thats what he does, I dont work there anymore. Yet :exclamation:

Send him a pm

Have you though about towing it on an A frame?

Not sure of the drivablity of it… Still looking at the options :slight_smile:

Cheers

Try Phillips Commercials in Nuneaton. (024 7637 1317) He’s a schoolmate of my brothers and may well have a transporter or be able to help you.

Calv

Only just read your post - if you’re still stuck, then my contact details are on the www.glenlogistics.co.uk. Could do it under cover or on an open trailer.

Thanks :wink: Got a call from a mate I’d rung up a while back and he’s managed to find me an Ivor Williams twin axle car transporter trailer. Got a healthy supply of towhitches around here as well :wink:

Thanks for all the comments, the threads been saved too. A friend pointed out he had his Stolly shifted on a backload from Yorkshire way one time, much cheaper than the fuel. He’s done the same thing with a Tatra 8x8 :wink:

Cheers

smeserver:
He’s done the same thing with a Tatra 8x8 :wink:

I’m toying with the idea of buying one of those. Was it his or was he moving it for someone else? If it’s his where is it and does he welcome visitors? :wink:

Paul

It belongs to a group of freinds I think. Its based down at Avon Dassett Quarry near Gaydon as far as I am aware. But if you’re interested in meeting up with him drop me a pm with your contact details and I pass them onto him :slight_smile: