Container work from Felixtowe?

Hi all,

I have a customer & friend that works on boxes out of Flx regularly with 2 trucks & seems to do ok for himself. Then I read on another post that one of the regulars here does the same & gets paid weekly :open_mouth:

What’s the score ■■ Is there a living to be made from containers legally ? I know the £1.■■ per mile isn’t a good rate by any stretch of the imagination, but surely its better to get a regular 1500 to 2000 miles every week than muddle around making a killing on 3 days & standing for the other 2 :wink:

Tell me more (those of you that know), I have LOTS of questions before I go & look at a working magnum :sunglasses:

Average Rates ?
Good & Bad companies to work for ?
Who pays quickest ?
Do they all pay per mile loaded or empty ?
Is it paid on autoroute mileage ? & how far out from TRUE miles ?
How much time tipping id unpaid ?
Is a 6x2 unit paid more than a 4x2 ?

why don’t I just stick to thinking of making signs ever day for the rest of my working life :smiley: :smiley:

Toytown, there are quite a few firms that pay weekly after the month, eg, week 1 in week 5.
6 wheelers might get a bit more in some places, but it aint much I dont think.
We run 4x2 40 ton, but theres still a lot of work about for 38t.
most gaurantee an ex ammount, eg 1500 quid a week, its ok, but i dont reckon theres millions to be made from it!
I run legal all the time, and my gaffer makes enough to keep me on (with paid for motors)
We might see the Magnum down felix then? :sunglasses:

Hi Mal,

ta for the reply m8, interesting stuff :open_mouth:

As for seeing the magnum in flx, I doubt it unless I go there on me hols, which is extremely unlikely :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: IF (& it’s a big IF) I did go into it deeper, I think I would need something a bit later than an old J plate that’s been round the block so many times. We did an FH globey XL on Friday & it was quite impressive inside, more refined than my old beast & very tempting BUT … we both know what I would buy don’t we :wink: