new truck

I’m at the stage of thinking about getting a new truck & I was wondering if anbody has been through this process recently.

I have a 1999 (T - plate )volvo FH12 420 6 x2 with rpc & 1460lt tanks globetrotter.The trouble is as the HGV trade sales co’s insist on never advertising prices :question: :smiling_imp: :question: :smiling_imp: :question: :question: I dont know what a good trade in price would be.

I’m looking at the new scania (because of their local salesman hate the 4 series),a daf 95 530 ssc with auto or a volvo fh12 460/500 globetrotter i shift

has anyone got 1 of these ?,did you manage to get a demo first?,how long did it take for delivery?,were there any probs?,etc etc etc

any info will be much appreciated :wink:

I stand to be corrected but I don’t think the FH12 500 comes in I-shift form. Don’t know about the 460.

Sean,
What kind of money would you be looking for your FH and how many km’s? (pm me if you prefer).
Also have you looked at the new Actros? Recently obtained a quote for one and it was very competitive in relation to the others and they seem to be getting quite a write up in the truck mags!!!

Rob K:
I stand to be corrected but I don’t think the FH12 500 comes in I-shift form. Don’t know about the 460.

no its available on all fh12`s up to 44 t
it cant handle the 16 yet
jon

jon boy 100:

Rob K:

no its available on all fh12`s up to 44 t
it cant handle the 16 yet
jon

Strange. Since posting the original reply I spoke to the owner of the 53-reg 460 globey at the place I used to work and the topic came round to the boxes. I asked him about it and he said he wanted the I-shift but Volvo told him he couldn’t have it.

I bow to your superior knowledge though :astonished: .

truck mag jan 2002
volvo fh 500 i shift v daf xf trans euro
if you want a copy of it pm your e mail i will mail it to you
tell your mate to try a decent volvo dealer next time. :laughing: :laughing:
bye the way the volvo tronced the daf :laughing:
you may bow now :laughing:
jon

and i have an article for a 460 i shift too :laughing: :laughing:
jon

jon boy 100:
truck mag jan 2002
volvo fh 500 i shift v daf xf trans euro
if you want a copy of it pm your e mail i will mail it to you
tell your mate to try a decent volvo dealer next time. :laughing: :laughing:
bye the way the volvo tronced the daf :laughing:
you may bow now :laughing:
jon

:laughing: :unamused: :smiling_imp:

:open_mouth: How good do you think my eyes are :question: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

Rob K:
:shock: How good do you think my eyes are :question: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

save it to file and increase the size or i can email it to you :wink:
jon

jon boy 100:

Rob K:
:shock: How good do you think my eyes are :question: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

save it to file and increase the size or i can email it to you :wink:
jon

I can see it now :astonished: . I didn’t not believe you first time round though :laughing:

i have always been a big volvo fan
the auto cant cope with the 16s torque yet
they have put it in the coaches now as well
at last a decent auto box in a coach :laughing:
i take it it was crossroads at birstall that misimformed your mate,i hope that muppet wont advise me when i buy a wagon :slight_smile:
we have an auto daf coming this week
something else to play with
jon

try ringing a salesman called dave hutch at m.c. trucks he will tell you what you can and cant have,he recently sold a 460 globe xl i-shift to a bloke in guildford and im sure you can get it with the 500.he may be able to get you a demo as well.you can get a message to him on 01444 230700.i know a bloke who sold a 2000 420 6*2 globe for £22000 a few weeks ago. hope this helps

gas-axe:
try ringing a salesman called dave hutch at m.c. trucks he will tell you what you can and cant have,he recently sold a 460 globe xl i-shift to a bloke in guildford and im sure you can get it with the 500.he may be able to get you a demo as well.you can get a message to him on 01444 230700.i know a bloke who sold a 2000 420 6*2 globe for £22000 a few weeks ago. hope this helps

thanks for the info mate. :laughing:
having said that had a bad experience with m.c’s :cry: so will probably go through duffields flix as thats where i work outta

also got some really good info from flatbedman thanks again mate :laughing:

Big Truck:
Sean,
What kind of money would you be looking for your FH and how many km’s? (pm me if you prefer).

well thats the thing I’ve no idea what its value is :confused: :laughing:

Big Truck:
Also have you looked at the new Actros? Recently obtained a quote for one and it was very competitive in relation to the others and they seem to be getting quite a write up in the truck mags!!!

I have driven mercs (although I admit not the very latest version) & I really dont like them at all,no disrespect if your a fan just my experience of them,I’ve had a few nights out in them & every time I wake up it feels like sombody has been walking on me all night (with their hobnils on :laughing: )

I wouldn’t say I’m a fan of the Merc’s I have no real preference in trucks they’re all good nowadays!! (I will buy anything that gives me the ultimate deal and hopefully the ultimate profit!!! :laughing: ) The new MP2 Actros is a completely different beast to the old one, I’ve driven the new FH globey (not I-shift) and its a dam good truck apart from the cable shift,as everybody knows!!
The 460 Actros I tried was an impressive truck,Mega space cab,(more room than the Volvo) felt like its built quality was like the Merc cars,V6 pulled like a train,New all sprung orthopedic(sp?) mattress, also liked the Auto box.
Get a good demo and a price for one Sean before you commit to the Volvo,I would be willing to bet you’ll get a pleasant suprise,you might even have change left over for a fresh used skelly :smiley: :laughing: :wink:

Thanks for the advice big truck I do normally keep an open mind on things
I might even wait for the magnum with the fh engine

Yeah,
The new Magnum with a Volvo engine will be an interesting prospect!! I know of an O/D from overhere who recently bought a new 440hp Mag 4x2 to pull Montgomery Transport Reefers,he paid £54’000 (with all the bells+whistles) for it. Can you get a factory 6x2 though?
Another possible prospect for me is a Renault premium with abit more “poke” via the Volvo 460 engine (but specced with optidrive/I-shift box) and you can always get a mega deal for a Premium!!
If all goes according to plan I’m hoping to be in the market for a 6x2 truck probably used (although new just might be an outside option) around Dec/Jan,so if your going to wait I could be tempted to take a look at your FH?