Nagel Logistics / Heritage International - Dover

Hi wheel nut , ref tony dickinson im still alive ! it must have been 20 years since i worked for Heritage , i was on dry freight not the fridge side , had my own trailer and did a lot of Lego work out of Loon plage and potatoes from Belgium , Packed in the big stuff 12 years ago , have a van now and do euro courier work , should have done it 40 years ago , much better

team dirt:
Hi wheel nut , ref tony dickinson im still alive ! it must have been 20 years since i worked for Heritage , i was on dry freight not the fridge side , had my own trailer and did a lot of Lego work out of Loon plage and potatoes from Belgium , Packed in the big stuff 12 years ago , have a van now and do euro courier work , should have done it 40 years ago , much better

Good job you are never this late on my jobs Tony.
It’s only taken you 9 years to reply. :smiley: :smiley:

Whats the tie up now , is Nagel anything to do with Kraftwerker Nagel who bought Ferryline Forwarding who were out at Eythorne when I worked for them in the yard .
Now owned by Langdons .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

anybody do any work for the the above companies ? any info much appreciated.

hello there routier only know a little about the above but i know there in the same rep as ocean,solstor :laughing: and that they like to push

Thanks there, would you say that applies to both of them ?

Routier,

Heritage are a good firm, I take it that it is the fridge work they have on offer at the Mo. Yes they work you hard but who doesn’t these days, but not illegally.

Too many wannabe Euro’s getting stuck french side and racking up the hours due to missed ferries etc. so the office are hot on it.

Hope this helps.

N2N Transport:
Routier,

Heritage are a good firm, I take it that it is the fridge work they have on offer at the Mo. Yes they work you hard but who doesn’t these days, but not illegally.

Too many wannabe Euro’s getting stuck french side and racking up the hours due to missed ferries etc. so the office are hot on it.

Hope this helps.

Didnt I see it on here somewhere, that they charge £300 PW for the fridge, and the guy couldnt make it pay ■■?

Where was the latest advert placed ■■

Dont think about heritage. they will break you. i live in nottingham. i would leave sunday night empty. park at ids callais. sit and wait for a job. i would end up at mouscron . del tuesday about 550 quid. back out empty . pick up bananas at loon plage . to norwich del thurs. then back out to belgium back to bolton then back home. I ave £ 1700. i paid £300 for a trailer which was only full one way. and then the fuel and running your truck. put it this way i earned about 16000 grand and only drew £3500. i had a letter saying i owe them. i can only pay what work you gave me. its your problem if you cant load me both ways. then you have to up the rates or get more work. one last thing. how the hell do some owner drivers on heritage aford to drive new volvos & scania on them rates. ive head at ashford nedexco are paying £1.40 per mile. best of luck

Please be advised that some of the comments made concerning Hertitage are indeed fair, and yes you do have to push to get the job done.
We are a privately owned and very well funded company of some 13 years now and have NEVER not paid a properly due account… EVER.
We get calls every day from naive want to be Owner drivers who are convinced the streets are paved with gold, and will sit in the IDS at Calais and complain about how badly they are treated instead of getting up the road and getting the job done.
Must of these chaps are not self sufficient and need us to offer early payment, fuel and ferries paid. Mr Darren Holmes comments above are entirley unfair. What is fair to say is that he just was not prepared to do the work and was the minute he was sent to work wanted to go home again for some strange reason or another. A complete waste of time and never going to make it. Yes we do offer all sorts of help to owner drivers working alongside our own fleet and will continue to do so. We will always get people who are prepared to bad mouth us but be assured there are two sides to every story… By the way you can supply your own fridge or indeed rent ours for £150.00 per week… you choose. We can also offer work for tauliners and you can earn good money again if you are prepared to work… and not just talk about it.

Neville:
Please be advised that some of the comments made concerning Hertitage are indeed fair, and yes you do have to push to get the job done.
We are a privately owned and very well funded company of some 13 years now and have NEVER not paid a properly due account… EVER.
We get calls every day from naive want to be Owner drivers who are convinced the streets are paved with gold, and will sit in the IDS at Calais and complain about how badly they are treated instead of getting up the road and getting the job done.
Must of these chaps are not self sufficient and need us to offer early payment, fuel and ferries paid. Mr Darren Holmes comments above are entirley unfair. What is fair to say is that he just was not prepared to do the work and was the minute he was sent to work wanted to go home again for some strange reason or another. A complete waste of time and never going to make it. Yes we do offer all sorts of help to owner drivers working alongside our own fleet and will continue to do so. We will always get people who are prepared to bad mouth us but be assured there are two sides to every story… By the way you can supply your own fridge or indeed rent ours for £150.00 per week… you choose. We can also offer work for tauliners and you can earn good money again if you are prepared to work… and not just talk about it.

There you are Darren, Neville is one of the main men @ Heritage, I make that one set each, its your serve :laughing:

As Ive said before on other threads, there are ALWAYS two sides to any problem~~, you have got to counter Nevilles answers, or it ain`t going to look too good for you in the future :unamused:~~
But, the £300 PW fridge has come up more than once on here, concerning Heritage :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Well said Nev spot on, too many too quick to moan, Heritage is a good company to work for, never let me down with finding me a load and payments are spot on, office staff very very helpful, all round good company to work for.

Stanley Mitchell:

Neville:

There you are Darren, Neville is one of the main men @ Heritage, I make that one set each, its your serve :laughing:

As Ive said before on other threads, there are ALWAYS two sides to any problem~~, you have got to counter Nevilles answers, or it ain`t going to look too good for you in the future :unamused:~~
But, the £300 PW fridge has come up more than once on here, concerning Heritage :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
[/quote]
£300 quid a week to rent a fridge,must be a wind up surely :unamused:

Robbies Dad:

Stanley Mitchell:

Neville:

As Ive said before on other threads, there are ALWAYS two sides to any problem~~, you have got to counter Nevilles answers, or it aint going to look too good for you in the future :unamused:~~ ~~But, the £300 PW fridge has come up more than once on here, concerning Heritage :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:~~ ~~[/quote]~~ ~~£300 quid a week to rent a fridge,must be a wind up surely :unamused:~~ ~~[/quote]~~ ~~Ive seen it twice in print on here, Ive also heard it more than once whilst discussing rates ect with companies who "provide" trailers.~~ ~~IMHO, if your pulling a trailer for someone, WHY should you be paying rent on it ■■■■?■■?■■??? :confused: :confused: :confused:~~ ~~Its something that has bugged me for years, but, on the brightside, it does keep your risk down, if you dont trust the company you are working for.~~
They take the rent out of your earnings, so, if they are going to rip you off, at least you ain`t going to pay some rental company, and still not get paid. :unamused:

Neville.

Do you still have Tony Dickinson working for you?

I havent seen him lately, but that doesnt mean he is not around.

Gentlemen. Someone has to provide a trailer… As I have said you can provide your own if it suits. We have NEVER I promise you chaged £300.00 per week… and I do mean never. When we first started 13 years ago we paid to TIP / CTS and charged £240.00 (Fact) …The current rate is £150.00 for all new deals. This includes full European and UK cover for all fridge and chassis problems and all fair wear and tear on tyres, plus a replacement fridge at MOT time. No trailer is more than 3 years old. The only thing we expect the subbie to pay for is punctures or any tyre abuse. Its atough old world out there and getting tougher by the day. I do not proclaim we are perfect but we try harder then most and we are certainly one of the most straightfoward UK companies to work for… I am always prepared to help or advise any owner driver out there with information or advice… There are some bad, bad companies out there… Please check me out via your Bank or Experian and you will see my standing in the financial sense. Good luck to you all…

Hi Wheel Nut.
I cannot place Tony Dickinson for the moment… Give me a reminder please ?

I am runnig 70 trailers these days… altohugh only 10 of my own and its getting harder to know them all … I do try though to keep in touch with all my long serving subbies and drivers and many have become firm friends… such as Derek Linch and James and Geoff Hart…

Evening Routier,

We can always give you names and numbers of the Irish lads who will tell you we are good to work for… A few.

John Murnin
Hannon
Loane
Maguires
Colm Diamond
Zwecker
Ballianard
TDG
Creggan

If we can hel pcall us.
Kind Regards

Neville:
Hi Wheel Nut.
I cannot place Tony Dickinson for the moment… Give me a reminder please ?

I am runnig 70 trailers these days… altohugh only 10 of my own and its getting harder to know them all … I do try though to keep in touch with all my long serving subbies and drivers and many have become firm friends… such as Derek Linch and James and Geoff Hart…

He was from Hull and did a bit of Rallying. I just noticed in your profile you followed Motorsport. I think it was around 3 years ago when I saw him last.

So correct me if I am wrong but it sounds like you ship out empty for which you are not paid and load in France/Belgium/Holland and paid for that ? Must be a really good rate then to cover the empty runnin ?

I take it the Irish firms you mention have used you to get a load from Europe ?