New truck dilema please help

hi guys
We are in the process of replacing one of our trucks for a new one :smiley:
problem is we have narrowed choice down to two trucks.
1…daf xf 95 480 6x2 super space or
2…Volvo globetrotter XL 460 6x2

i would like to heard from anyone with views on either, good or bad especially
fuel consumption average at 44 ton
any problems you may have had with yours ■■
any defects you know of.

we already have a Daf xf480 but older model havent had many problems though… what do you think ■■?
thanks for reading this :sunglasses: Eddy

XF everytime

know this is not of much use but i would get the volvo

Hi Eddy,

Do we take it that the financial side of things are pretty much the same between the two then??

cheers
STEVE.

hi ATKIG11
yes the financial side is not really the issue.
the Daf is actually about 2 k less with extras specified
the main differances are
Daf midlift is a steer axle Volvo isnt
Daf has a fridge Volvo want £660 extra
we specified big fuel tanks so Volvo has 990ltrs (twin tanks) vertical exhaust standard.
Daf has 1000ltr twin tanks and twin eminox stacks. :smiley:
Volvo has a safe Daf dont
Volvo seems brighter inside ■■? :confused: :confused:
dont know yet if time is a big issue i can get Volvo in six weeks
Daf could be 20 weeks (i find out tomorrow) :wink:
thank for the replies

I think that the DAF is a much better cab to live in. Its got a lot more storage space (under the bunk) and those lockers over the windscreen are surprisingly deep, you can fit a fairly large portable telly in and shut it no problem.

are u going to run this new truck as a subbie on euro fridge work as your other post if so u are a braver man than me eddy good luck

What transmission are you going for; manual or auto? The RV after three years may actually be better on an auto-shift equipped unit than a regular manual. If you’re going with a manual then the Servoshift option is definitely worth taking up on the XF, while the new generation Volvo’s have experienced a few probs with the shifting mech on some manual versions.

On the engine side, the Volvo’s D12 lump is virtually a generation ahead of the Daf’s XE motor, and is probably a little better on fuel. Volvo is constantly upgrading its engine software, and now offers a Economy Power option on the 460 which gives 500hp in top gear only - worth asking the salesman about if you’re going through the mountains. Daf’s motor likes a few more revs so if that suits your driving style then you may be happier there …

Overall it’s a close call - if I were in your position I’d probably be looking at who gives the best R&M package, and which dealer you have the best relationship with: which one can fit you in for a service at short notice, which works round the clock, at weekends etc.

Craig