FAO Atkig11

Hows it going Steve?
Can you please PM me your e-mail as I want to scan and send you a rate sheet from “Roadmix” here in N.Ireland to see what you think of their mixer rates.Will have to get a mate to scan and send it as I don’t have a scanner!!!
At the minute Roadmix are wanting all their company drivers to go O/D and most have agreed too,A couple of older guy’s just want the redundancy package so as I had the “gumption” to bell the Operations manager up and go and see him of my own bat he wants to offer me a position!! Gonna do my indepth research first though!!! :wink:
There are a couple of trucks available both about 1/2 years old,one a six wheeler and the other an eight,Because I don’t want them to “wipe my eye” for paying for the truck what would I roughly pay for a new 6/8 wheeler with mixer unit with full r+m over five years on a contract lease package?
Cheers mate.
Boy, when it rains it pours!!! Now the local “TARMAC” quarry is advertising for “contract hauliers” for tipper work in the local rag and its so close to me I could cycle to the quarry,Looks like I’ve got another quarry manager to bell up!!! :smiley:

Hi Big Truck,

you have pm.

Truck prices etc.

You will have to be a bit carefull if you are thinking of buying an eight wheel truckmixer, they will have nine metre drums on them and quote a carrying capacity of eight metres. Some eight wheelers ARE overweight at eight metres!!!

Forget an Actros and a MAN.

Foden will come in under the weight if you only have a small fuel tank,small water tank, and alloy wheels.

An eight wheeler that can only carry seven metres is,in my opinion not much more than a liability, there is not enough revenue to cope with the extra payments.

Mixer units from Hymix are around fourteen grand for a seven metre drum unit and sixteen for a nine metre unit.

R&M packages are without doubt the best way to go if you have a new truck I think, but remember these will only cover the chassis cab and not the mixer unit, main dealers will avoid them like the plague :unamused: :unamused:
Having said that Hymix units are pretty much bullet proof and there is a good back up service from them.

I have been quoted prices for R&M recently

Daf eight wheeler approx 355 quid per month
Foden eight wheeler 350 quid per month

MAN six wheeler 230 quid per month

[sorry for keep on writing quid but the pound sign don’t work :confused: :confused: Must have worn it out :smiley: :smiley: ]

All for five year term

Hope some of that helps.

cheers
STEVE.

Cheers Steve,
Most of the 8 wheelers over here are Volvo fm’s,what are these like for weight? + I would want to put big tanks on it to go “down south” on a Sat or early morning run for the cheap diesel!! I think the 8 wheeler they are offering to me is a Merc Atego would this be right? and is this a heavy unit? I take it the MAN r+m quote is for a F2000 unit? There must be something in it because the vast majority of new mixers over here are all 8 wheelers and the ops manager was nudging me in this direction,although the Tarmac “contract haulier” tipper advert is worth looking into as well.I’ll get that rate sheet over to you in the next couple of days,
Thanks,
Andy.

Hi big truck, I’ve been following your threads, why not try containers out of Belfast instead of crossing the sheugh?

Big Truck:
Cheers Steve,
Most of the 8 wheelers over here are Volvo fm’s,what are these like for weight? + I would want to put big tanks on it to go “down south” on a Sat or early morning run for the cheap diesel!! I think the 8 wheeler they are offering to me is a Merc Atego would this be right? and is this a heavy unit? I take it the MAN r+m quote is for a F2000 unit? There must be something in it because the vast majority of new mixers over here are all 8 wheelers and the ops manager was nudging me in this direction,although the Tarmac “contract haulier” tipper advert is worth looking into as well.I’ll get that rate sheet over to you in the next couple of days,
Thanks,
Andy.

Hi Andy,

There is a guy on for Hanson who has a brand new FM parked up cos with the sleeper cab it is to heavy!!!

Best thing to do is to add the weights up very carefully and get a weight per metre for the concrete and see what happens.
cheers

STEVE

Steve,
The FM’s are all day cabs, boy that guy with the FM sleeper didn’t do his homework too good did he? He wants to come on here and learn the works of everybody on here just like I’m doing before I splash out the guts of 50,60 or even 70 G’s!!! :confused:
Hello Splinters,
Thanks for the pointer,tell me more?
I see a right few containers on the roads but who is the main company to contact for work? It seems to me that “McBurneys” seem to be moving alot into the container side?
I didn’t think there would be steady work at boxes over here and didn’t think you could get the miles up tramping about around these parts!! Not wanting to offend anybody but the tractor units you see pulling boxes and pulling for “Roadferry” do seem to be a little on the “Tired” side so I was thinking the rates where not good enough to let the Subbies run decent units :question:

Andy mate dont touch Roadferry work mate, I personally dont have any experience with them but Ive done a few runs with them, bad trailers and bad work etc!!

Kev

ive worketrailerd for roadferry on agency the trailer seemed ok though that was on last year

Steve,
E-mailed you those mixer rates and you can post them on this thread if you want,Might help a few other guy’s with their budgets!!! :confused: