MRS

MRS Distribution @ Ashby. Has anyone subbed to this firm? Any info appreciated.

Mal.

If this is the same as MRS from Bathgate? in Scotland then there was an article in Truck and Driver about them a month or two ago.

May be this will help.

Yes cheesr Biker, the same ones, I read the article, but wanted stuff from a subbies point of veiw really.

Mal.

Mal. I worked for MRS as a subbie in the summer of 2000. I was run by the bathgate office as ASHBY was still under constuction at that time. I did a lot of work out of United Biscuits which took me all over the uk , about 70% went to scotland so you are usually out all week. The rates at the time were meant to average out at 90 to 95ppm plus you had to use their trailer which was rented to you for £95.00pw. In reality I earned between 72 and 78ppm . The work was good,clean & tidy and they payed in 30days until you leave when it becomes 60days (its all in the contract you sign at induction]. I hope this helps.

Cheers Scanny, that is a help. You have a PM.

Mal.

Sorry for nicking MALS thunder here but does anyone have any other idea about MRS. They are advertising for drivers at 24k in Ashby. TM job up for grabs too!

What about driving for them?

JB might help here

but i know mrs at ashby are

£7ph for the first 40
£10,50 after that

garuntee 50 hours night out allowence£16 you have to go on a induction course to bathgate in scotland (all expenses paid)

i have contact no if intrested

jon

hope that helps you wheel nut, to be honest im still thinking about it

jon

There was an advert in Burton Advertiser last week, website shows jobs in Coalville as well

mrs took over the transport for modelboard up at bardon :laughing:

Hang on a minute. :bulb: Less than 12 months ago there was a big thread about MRS and no-one had a good word to say about them with plenty of shocking stories from past employees also being relayed. What’s changed :question:

I don’t know the exact details but I’ve heard they’ve recently opened up a new depot in the North East somewhere and an ex Reed Boardall driver now working at the same place as me went to work for them and only stuck it out two weeks before jacking. He reckoned it was the biggest crock of [zb] of a company he’s ever worked for in his life :exclamation: :open_mouth: The pay looks good on paper but it never happened in your pocket at the end of the week. The guy is a damned good worker and top bloke too.

Tread carefully guys.

:open_mouth:

I remember from years ago they had a bad name for turnover of drivers but I think that was to do with the strict regime. They were carrying malted water from the north for us sasanachs.

I used to see them doing a changeover on the bridge at Scotch Corner.

Not going to drive for them but I might go as Transport Manager

Muppet Road Services that what one of there drivers told me they call it just dont let managment here you say it or your sacked say no more :laughing:

Think the big problem used to be…you did not get paid if the truck was sitting more than an hour at tip point, don’t know if this is still the case.