CB Channels

Just installed CB resisted it up to now but got fed up being in Traffic queues not knowing the reasons why, so decided to fit one.
question what channels do i use■■? are any channels specific for particular uses ie emergencies etc etc
pls advise

Also do i need a Licence if so how much/where from the Post Office ■■?

When I used a CB convention was start at channel 19. This is like a general chat area to catch up on road news - if you pick up someone to talk to then move to an other channel for your chat clearing the air ways for someone else.
Channel 9 was for emergency calls only.

Beware that anyone can listen to your chat it is not like this forum when you got to PM’s. Anyone can listen to any channel if they want

Hope this helps.

Thanks for reply Biker
Rgds Mike

and good for directions too when entering unknown towns etc. Just shout up (on 19) 1 9 for directions in…xyz.
I’m unsure if it still goes on, though i’m sure it does, you often get housebound, possibly sometimes less physically able peeps, who monitor the channel & have superb local knowledge & take pleasure in being able to help you.

most of the towns and citys in this country have people called monitors on the chanel 19 ther sole purpose in life is to give help and directions to people like us good people and doing a good service and not being paid for it just happy to help we need moor people like this in our country

My last CB was in 1983, so I imagine things have changed. What makes do regular users on here recommend to buy, how much should I pay etc… I only do Europe, does that make a difference?

Cb radios are a drivers vital equipment here, every delivery / pick up point uses CB radio to check you in and call you to your loading door etc. All trucks are manufactured with mounting points and have antenea fitted on delivery, we can’t get by without them. I found myself at a loss without one in the UK.

All this talk of CB Radio brings back memories. (Shogun was my handle taken from a CB rig of the same name B4 Mitis names their 4 x 4) I even met my partner through the thing! Locally round here in the south I remember Rubber Duck and Black Lady in Guildford, Twinkletoes in Aldershot/Farnham, Barn Owl in Horsham and not forgetting Goldie in the Billingshurst area. I was running out of Shoreham Harbour with Shoreham Transport and we called ourselves the Red Angels!!! We all had DAF 3300 in a red livery. I’ve still got some CB gear somewhere, I’ll have to a sort through the loft and find it.

Dave

if stuck in traffic 19 is the channel to use but around big citys (brum,leeds,manchester,cardiff) you do get prats that sit on 19 at home with there burners whacked up to the max and sit there all day abusing truck drivers.

my favorite is scab in a cab.

but most companys use diffrent channels for there own drivers(post office 24) and night running on the m6 is channel 16 and i think32)

jon

shogun:
All this talk of CB Radio brings back memories. (Shogun was my handle taken from a CB rig of the same name B4 Mitis names their 4 x 4) I even met my partner through the thing! Locally round here in the south I remember Rubber Duck and Black Lady in Guildford, Twinkletoes in Aldershot/Farnham, Barn Owl in Horsham and not forgetting Goldie in the Billingshurst area. I was running out of Shoreham Harbour with Shoreham Transport and we called ourselves the Red Angels!!! We all had DAF 3300 in a red livery. I’ve still got some CB gear somewhere, I’ll have to a sort through the loft and find it.

Dave

Where are you from Dave??

I come from around that area.

cheers
STEVE.

Steve,
I live near Billingshurst. I worked for a company called CAB Metals. You might have seen some of our motors about. We were taken over by another steel firm from Canterbury who promptly made us all redundant! I now work for McVeigh Parker who are fencing and Agricultural suppliers in the South East with depots at Billingshurst, Headcorn and Bradfield Nr, Reading. I ran out of Shoreham about 20 years ago (god was it that long ago!) hauling mainly timber.

DAve