Lifespan of mercedes Antos

Hi There, need some help to figure out how many mileage can a mercedes Antos 6x2 299hp euro 6 can comfortable do with good service before its start to need expensive repairers. thanks

Rigima:
Hi There, need some help to figure out how many mileage can a mercedes Antos 6x2 299hp euro 6 can comfortable do with good service before its start to need expensive repairers. thanks

Firm I used to work for has 2017 Actros 6x2 rigids
DPF problems (would get stuck in regen ) , and in last 6 months cracked exhaust manifold
Also a tractor unit has killed 2 ECU’s due to an exhaust leak as the ECU is on side of exhaust unit
Ride is rubbish empty and I hope you e got a good chiropractor as the seat make yer back hurt

blue estate:

Rigima:

Firm I used to work for has 2017 Actros 6x2 rigids
DPF problems (would get stuck in regen ) , and in last 6 months cracked exhaust manifold
Also a tractor unit has killed 2 ECU’s due to an exhaust leak as the ECU is on side of exhaust unit
Ride is rubbish empty and I hope you e got a good chiropractor as the seat make yer back hurt

thanks for your help

Firm I work got a fleet of 64-65 plate 400hp 4x2 model, some have done 1.3 million k and they have had it. Once past 800k they cost a fortune to keep on the road. They had a fleet of Scanias aswell which they have now sold and they were far better and they where up to 1.5 million k.

elsa Lad:
Firm I work got a fleet of 64-65 plate 400hp 4x2 model, some have done 1.3 million k and they have had it. Once past 800k they cost a fortune to keep on the road. They had a fleet of Scanias aswell which they have now sold and they were far better and they where up to 1.5 million k.

I’m looking forward to buy my own rigid truck 26t but I’m confused between Daf 330 or Mercedes Antos all have over 200,000 miles on the clock and I believe mercedes can do more than the Daf. thanks for your help

Rigima:

elsa Lad:

I’m looking forward to buy my own rigid truck 26t but I’m confused between Daf 330 or Mercedes Antos all have over 200,000 miles on the clock and I believe mercedes can do more than the Daf. thanks for your help

What about MAN , Volvo or Renault ?

New pastures

blue estate:

Rigima:

elsa Lad:

What about MAN , Volvo or Renault ?

New pastures

I’ve not driven those lorries before that’s why I’ve no interest in them but any advice on them? thanks

Firm I worked for until Friday, ran all Mercedes

They had some 11,61,12 and 13 plates

Nearly all bone shattering ride, 600k on the clock - utter ■■■■■

Even the new 20 plate ones have their fair share of issues (electronic ones)

Thejpmshow:
Firm I worked for until Friday, ran all Mercedes

They had some 11,61,12 and 13 plates

Nearly all bone shattering ride, 600k on the clock - utter [zb]

Even the new 20 plate ones have their fair share of issues (electronic ones)

thanks pal

If you’re looking to buy a euro 6 set aside £2.5k for the DPF filter change. We bought a scania g250 and after two weeks and 470k on the clock the DPF had to be changed £2.6k incl vat.

Depends on where/how you will use your lorry.
If its general haulage I would steer clear of the Daf and Merc.

Both are thirsty. Our Scania is about 1-2l better per 100km.

The ZF Astronic on the daf is rubbish (we had two 12 plates with 400k on the clock and both packed in £3.5 each to repair)

The auto gearbox on the merc is alright as long as it goes. We were unfortunate and ended up selling our actros after we had accumulated bills of over £10k in repairs (both from dealers and local workshopsworkshop + recovery)

Scania with a three pedal opticruise or a volvo with an Ishift gearbox would be my recommendation. But again it all depends from the work you will do.

Riho:
If you’re looking to buy a euro 6 set aside £2.5k for the DPF filter change. We bought a scania g250 and after two weeks and 470k on the clock the DPF had to be changed £2.6k incl vat.

Depends on where/how you will use your lorry.
If its general haulage I would steer clear of the Daf and Merc.

Both are thirsty. Our Scania is about 1-2l better per 100km.

The ZF Astronic on the daf is rubbish (we had two 12 plates with 400k on the clock and both packed in £3.5 each to repair)

The auto gearbox on the merc is alright as long as it goes. We were unfortunate and ended up selling our actros after we had accumulated bills of over £10k in repairs (both from dealers and local workshopsworkshop + recovery)

Scania with a three pedal opticruise or a volvo with an Ishift gearbox would be my recommendation. But again it all depends from the work you will do.

thanks for your help, I woyld be using it to transport heavy building materials mostly plasterboards, scania and volvo are a bit beyond my budget.

Don’t dismiss the higher purchase price out of the question. I realise you are looking at rigids rather than artics but fwiw…

The small company I do work for have discovered that the higher outlay for the Scania’s has proved to have been worth it over the longer term. He started off with some euro 6 DAF XFs around 5 years old which, compared to the price of an equivalent spec Scania, were super cheap. But while they’re nice to drive and have had a pretty good reliability record in terms of breakdowns needing recovery, they eat water pumps, NOx sensors and thermostats for fun. The latter two won’t leave you stranded but they’ll send your mpg tumbling into the weeds if you don’t get them fixed. He’s currently got 3 of them awaiting NOx sensors on back order at £640 a piece + fitting and the thermostats are on their way out (again) on 2 of them judging by the tepid warm air from the fans and temp gauge only getting to 25% on the dial. That kind of outlay on a semi-regular basis instantly cancels out the cheaper purchase price. The DAFs also have the crappiest wiper motors known to man. 3 of them have had problems where the wipers don’t park properly and the stalk operation either stops working or does stuff you didn’t ask for. Expensive to sort out.

Had some FH volvos but never again. Reliability fine but they drink nearly as much adblue per mile as they do diesel. All 4 were the same and checked out several times, no faults found. Apparently that’s normal and a company we sub for who runs them says the same.

Got 4 Scania Streamlines, R450s with 2 pedal Opticruise. No doubt that they were much more expensive to buy when compared like for like because 25% Scania tax, but all 4 have been faultless except 1 which has an earthing issue somewhere and blows fuses for fun. The fact that none of them have needed anything spending on them in replacing broken parts has easily cancelled out the higher purchase price. He still has the DAFs and they keep soldiering on but they’re a liability compared to the Scania’s which just get on and get the jobs done day after day without any fuss.

No operator experience of Mercs but I’ve driven plenty of them and nearly all have had some faults listed on the display, usually adblue related. But why would you even consider one? Have you ever driven one? The ride is absolutely horrific in them - the comment above calling them bone-shattering is pretty bang on. A full day in one of those and you’ll feel like you’ve just done 5 rounds with Mike Tyson and be exhausted. Even the ones on air all round are still a poor ride compared to the competition. If you have any notion of the Merc badge being some indication of it being a premium product, forget it.

DCPCFML:
Don’t dismiss the higher purchase price out of the question. I realise you are looking at rigids rather than artics but fwiw…

The small company I do work for have discovered that the higher outlay for the Scania’s has proved to have been worth it over the longer term. He started off with some euro 6 DAF XFs around 5 years old which, compared to the price of an equivalent spec Scania, were super cheap. But while they’re nice to drive and have had a pretty good reliability record in terms of breakdowns needing recovery, they eat water pumps, NOx sensors and thermostats for fun. The latter two won’t leave you stranded but they’ll send your mpg tumbling into the weeds if you don’t get them fixed. He’s currently got 3 of them awaiting NOx sensors on back order at £640 a piece + fitting and the thermostats are on their way out (again) on 2 of them judging by the tepid warm air from the fans and temp gauge only getting to 25% on the dial. That kind of outlay on a semi-regular basis instantly cancels out the cheaper purchase price. The DAFs also have the crappiest wiper motors known to man. 3 of them have had problems where the wipers don’t park properly and the stalk operation either stops working or does stuff you didn’t ask for. Expensive to sort out.

Had some FH volvos but never again. Reliability fine but they drink nearly as much adblue per mile as they do diesel. All 4 were the same and checked out several times, no faults found. Apparently that’s normal and a company we sub for who runs them says the same.

Got 4 Scania Streamlines, R450s with 2 pedal Opticruise. No doubt that they were much more expensive to buy when compared like for like because 25% Scania tax, but all 4 have been faultless except 1 which has an earthing issue somewhere and blows fuses for fun. The fact that none of them have needed anything spending on them in replacing broken parts has easily cancelled out the higher purchase price. He still has the DAFs and they keep soldiering on but they’re a liability compared to the Scania’s which just get on and get the jobs done day after day without any fuss.

No operator experience of Mercs but I’ve driven plenty of them and nearly all have had some faults listed on the display, usually adblue related. But why would you even consider one? Have you ever driven one? The ride is absolutely horrific in them - the comment above calling them bone-shattering is pretty bang on. A full day in one of those and you’ll feel like you’ve just done 5 rounds with Mike Tyson and be exhausted. Even the ones on air all round are still a poor ride compared to the competition. If you have any notion of the Merc badge being some indication of it being a premium product, forget it.

Thank you Sir for a very detailed explanation, really appreciate.