305/70r22.5 tyres

I own a company that supplies parts to the PSV sector. I have recently bought a batch of 305/70r22.5 tyres on 10 studded rims as part of some liquidated stock. As far as I can tell they are not standard fittings to the UK PSV market (they were to be fitted on buses for overseas customers) so can anyone tell me if they have any truck applications? I don’t normally get involved in parts for the truck side of the business so hope that someone on here can help.

Thanks,

Tommy

Any prospective purchaser will want to know more details: ie the ply rating or load index, speed rating, date code & whether these are designated as drive axle, steer or universal by the manufacturer. If they intend keeping the rims then they will want to know the rim offset and size as well.

cav551:
Any prospective purchaser will want to know more details: ie the ply rating or load index, speed rating, date code & whether these are designated as drive axle, steer or universal by the manufacturer. If they intend keeping the rims then they will want to know the rim offset and size as well.

Thanks for the reply. I know all that but the question I posed was if they were fitted to any trucks as opposed to only buses. Once I know that I can work out who to target.

Again, thanks for the reply.

Tommy

That would be a very unusual size for a UK heavy truck. I suppose somebody needing to save a very few mm of overall height compared to a 315/70 or 295/80 might retro fit them but that’s clutching at straws.

Something in the back of my mind says Australia uses them, but not certain.

acd1202:
That would be a very unusual size for a UK heavy truck. I suppose somebody needing to save a very few mm of overall height compared to a 315/70 or 295/80 might retro fit them but that’s clutching at straws.

I might be appearing stupid here but does the 305 not refer to the width?

Dennis Javelin:

acd1202:

Yes it does, but the second part is the sidewall height as a percentage of the width. So 70% of 305mm, gives a slightly lower ride height than 70% of 315 or 80% of 295. If somebody wants a really low ride height they will go for 295/55 but, you never know.

acd1202:

Dennis Javelin:

acd1202:

Yes it does, but the second part is the sidewall height as a percentage of the width. So 70% of 305mm, gives a slightly lower ride height than 70% of 315 or 80% of 295. If somebody wants a really low ride height they will go for 295/55 but, you never know.

Every day’s a school day. Seriously though, that’s why I posted this on here. As I said, I provide parts for the bus industry but I’ve never got involved in tyres before so my knowledge of them is scant to say the least. They came as part of a larger bunch of parts that I got hold of, normally I would have left them alone. The 275/70’s I knew of as they are the most popular tyre fitted to service buses but the 305/70’s threw me so thanks for your input. I take it that they have no truck application though, other than in special circumstances, so it will be a challenge to get shot of them.

Low height tractor unit?

Dennis Javelin:

acd1202:

Dennis Javelin:

acd1202:

Every day’s a school day. Seriously though, that’s why I posted this on here. As I said, I provide parts for the bus industry but I’ve never got involved in tyres before so my knowledge of them is scant to say the least. They came as part of a larger bunch of parts that I got hold of, normally I would have left them alone. The 275/70’s I knew of as they are the most popular tyre fitted to service buses but the 305/70’s threw me so thanks for your input. I take it that they have no truck application though, other than in special circumstances, so it will be a challenge to get shot of them.

No, there is no regular use for these things on any trucks in the UK or Europe either, except possible the odd outlier.

I think you said that they are on rims, my guess and only a guess is that the operator bought a batch of buses maybe built in Asia and they turned up on these, he realised that not only was the tyre size odd but that they will be on wider rims, probably 9" instead of 7.5" for 275/70 so he thought “sod this” and changed them for his fleet standard. Now there is a use in trucks fir 9" rims because 315s use them, unfortunately unless they’re aluminium they are only of low value, but you will sell them.

Thanks for this and your earlier post. They’re on alloys so at least I’ll get something for the rims.

The only one Michelin make is for an RV and is L rated.

H143500:
The only one Michelin make is for an RV and is L rated.

I have found out that they were fitted as OE to certain double deckers built by Alexander Dennis for the UK market so at least I know there is a home somewhere waiting for them - I just need to find it :smiley: :smiley: