Insurance

Hi,

We are going to be purchasing a truck for the use of transporting our business goods to our customers. After looking into the insurance we are being quoted in excess of £3,500, I assume due to only having 1 truck.

A friend of the company who has a fleet of vehicles has offered to add our vehicle to their fleet with an insurance cost of £900.

Is this allowed? If so is there anything we need to look out for?

Thanks.

callum226:
Hi,

If so is there anything we need to look out for?

Sorry if this is not the reply you want, but getting caught for having no insurance on your truck is probably the first thing to look out for.

It seems highly, highly unlikely this would work as your friends insurance will be for trucks he operates in his business, your truck operated by you is not his, so therefore not covered. He would have to put the truck on his licence, have control of the driver and truck, do your work for you and then invoice you like any other customer I would have thought, to even get close to satisfying the insurance company.

:smiley: you could save £2,600 premium and that’s great. Oops, until you or someone else needs to make a claim. Then you and the other owner get the chance to miss out on the payout from the insurers and highlights the offences around insurance. Oh yes, and a chance tor both of you to have tea but no biccies with the traffic commissioner.
Can I guess you hold a restricted O licence with a non-CPC holding transport manager?

Try www.comparehgvinsurance.co.uk - or call 08000805530