New Owner/Driver

TruckerCairn:
Hi all,

I am in the beginnings of starting up my own owner/driver operation based out of Edinburgh and have a few queries which I have not been in a position to ascertain via online searches and logistic manuals I have purchased.

I would very grateful for input/advise on the following;

• I am struggling to locate a place to park my vehicle. I am based in Edinburgh’s West. I am aware I need this to gain my Operator’s licence - how strict are the GOV boundaries on this matter? I am near both Sighthill, South Gyle and Newbridge but it looks like on-street parking only.

• Do owner/operators require a transport CPC on top of the required Driver CPC?

I have googled the life out of these questions and cannot find a straight answer. New to the forum so if this should have been posted elsewhere please do let me know.

Thanks!

The boundaries are quite clear re parking, you certainly need off road parking (any local farmers you could speak to just another option) You will require a TM CPC holder either sit the exams yourself or employ an external TM cost for one truck about £350 per month. You will also need financial proof of about £8000 available for one truck and a maintenance contract (6 weekly PMI) I am quite near you so any help I can give just contact me