insurance

Hello i tried to insure a 7.5 ton for commercial use and have been told that the holder of my operators license has to insure it. I wanted to apply for the o license myself and put a friend as transport manager. He has also said if i wanted i could register the vehicle on his o license, but i thought i would apply for my own to avoid any problems that might arise in the future. Now my friend can’t find his certificate and i would like to press on with it, I have another offer from somebody who has told me i could put the vehicle on there o license, but that leaves me with having to get him to insure it for me
I contacted an insurance company last week who advised me the o license holder must insure the vehicle. I am trying to stay as independent as i can. can anybody advise please.

You need an operator’s licence, you cannot operate commercially on someone else’s licence. End of.

If you told that same outline to an insurance broker, I can only guess how quickly they’d turn and run. Trying to operate your vehicle on someone else’s O licence is a no-no for you and the legit holder.

I am curious how you operate now.
‘holder of mine operating licence needs to insure vehicle’ does not make any sence…as holder of your licence will always be YOU!