Retro fit Tacho to 4x4 Car

I’m looking to fit a tacho to an older 4X4 car, maybe a 2006/2007 SSangyong Rexton, VW Touraeg or Mercedes ML. I know it’s not going to be cheap so any general thoughts and ideas on cost?

Around about a grand ,they will pick up from the abs wires in the dash ,get used to remembering to put in to out of scope mode .

Alibongoooo:
I’m looking to fit a tacho to an older 4X4 car, maybe a 2006/2007 SSangyong Rexton, VW Touraeg or Mercedes ML. I know it’s not going to be cheap so any general thoughts and ideas on cost?

Whereabouts are you?

Punchy Dan:
Around about a grand ,they will pick up from the abs wires in the dash ,get used to remembering to put in to out of scope mode .

He might be able to get a proper one fitted in a 2006 model ? You know the ones with the wizzy paper thingys :laughing:

I did think a retro fit has got to be digital irregardless of age , let CF google it ,I may be wrong :laughing:

Places that will fit anolog do exist still with in the industry :open_mouth: :wink:

Literally on the phone today about this on one of mine, my older one was analogue as was an 06, but a post '06 motor has to be a digital.

They need to check fitting kit on mine but £1500 plus vat minimum, can be over £2k plus vat.

That’s down south tho, Northern monkeys can usually get it cheaper.

I’ve got a pair of analogue tachos for retro fit, sat at mine I should really sell, one ex 4x4 & one from one of my vans, same model stoneridge tacho.