Amazon Relay difference

Hello everyone!

Could someone familiar with the terms Amazon Relay help me understand the difference between Live and Drop and the difference between Detached Trailer and Drop Trailer?

I use a normal 13.6m 4.4m curtain sided trailer, you could tell me if I can accept both jobs, both Drop Trailer and Detached Trailer.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, my company does a few drops at amazon (for pallet-track)

I presume Live means; live loading, as in you stay on site as they are loading/unloading you, and drop means you drop the trailer and leave site for a day or whatever (I’m guessing this is not an option for you)

I think why they are stating ‘Detached Trailer’ and ‘Drop Trailer’ as different things is because amazon have had so many issues with people using spare keys to drive off of bays (because they mess drivers around so badly) that they make you detach the unit and park opposite your trailer even for live loading, so I think that ‘Detached trailer’ means live loading, but parked opposite your trailer and ‘drop trailer’ means you drop it on they bay and leave it for a day (or whatever)

Hope this helps!

Hi, my company does a few drops at amazon (for pallet-track)

I presume Live means; live loading, as in you stay on site as they are loading/unloading you, and drop means you drop the trailer and leave site for a day or whatever (I’m guessing this is not an option for you)

I think why they are stating ‘Detached Trailer’ and ‘Drop Trailer’ as different things is because amazon have had so many issues with people using spare keys to drive off of bays (because they mess drivers around so badly) that they make you detach the unit and park opposite your trailer even for live loading, so I think that ‘Detached trailer’ means live loading, but parked opposite your trailer and ‘drop trailer’ means you drop it on they bay and leave it for a day (or whatever)

Hope this helps!

Thanks YoungGunner, It makes a lot more sense now

Detached generally means a prime trailer which is one of their own trailers. Live is your own trailer. Drop can mean both or a drop swap for a non Amazon trailer, for example if you were working Stobart or Maritime.