Faulty diesel tank

Here’s one for the mechanically minded on here. We’ve just taken possession of a Scania long story but it’s not worked for a living for sometime. It done a weeks graft last week all good except the small diesel tank is still full & the main tank obviously working fine emptying as usual. We’ll investigate tomorrow but any thoughts Guys? TIA

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Has it got a tap on the line linking the two, manual or switched?

Due to it being a pita on some wagons filling both sides, depending on my journeys and where the filling points were some days i might run on just the one tank, other days i’d allow both tanks to run when i knew an easy both side filling point was available.

Had a quick look yesterday when the truck got back but nothing obvious. It’s got those side skirts so tanks are pretty well enclosed so will have to get those off to examine properly

superscaniaV8:
… any thoughts Guys?

Does the small tank have a breather cap, or is the breather blocked?

The small black pipe facing down the edge of the tank? If so that was gonna be my 1st thing to check in the morning heid on by a small jubilee clip

Taps like in a bathroom, you need a screwdriver to open them.

If there is no bypass, it could be a hydraulic oil tank.

I used to drive a scania with twin fuel tanks there is a tap underneath which can be opened or closed by hand.
hope this helps.

Most scanias with twin tanks have a tap at either end of the link pipe, if both are open and the tanks don’t self level there may be an air lock in the pipe, this can be cured by blocking the breather pipe n the main tank and driving for a couple of hours. Once it starts flowing across you should be fine to open the breather up again

Bit of a delay getting back to you guys. But the upshot was simply the ‘tap’ was turned off. Literally 2 seconds job problem solved. Thanks guys

The ones in our yard are all turned off and we run only on the large tank