Scania eco roll

Hi sorry if it was asked before but is there way to get rid off eco roll on Scania? Want to buy Scania but that thing drives me crazy every time im behind wheel of one…

On previous model Scannis using manual mode cancels eco roll, its been a while since i drove a new gen so can’t confirm if the same applies, hopefully someone who drives one will be along with the answer.

I drive 3month old 450S and eco roll not specified on it.
Has the eco/standard/power button on steering wheel but not “eco roll” whereby it knocks into neutral etc

Big Truck:
Has the eco/standard/power button on steering wheel but not “eco roll” whereby it knocks into neutral etc

What mpg are you geting out of your 450 mate

divemaster:

Big Truck:

Pulling a frigo average 30T/40T gross 55k on her so far average 9.9mpg.
Mostly M way/Dual/A road driving.

Big Truck:

divemaster:

Big Truck:

Pulling a frigo average 30T/40T gross 55k on her so far average 9.9mpg.
Mostly M way/Dual/A road driving.

Thanks mate iv got a s500 mostly around 10.2 good motors but dear

i can not afford new gen just yet, drove R450 once, was great, do not want to think how S would be…
Did not see double digit mpg figure unlike 11mpg on old gen R450

I had a new gen on demo for three weeks, I was staggered by the fuel economy, regularly 11+ mpg. Of course our shortsighted bean counters got involved and blocked the purchase of a fleet full of them stating that they were too expensive. If I could be arsed I’d do the costings of half a million k’s at a 2mpg difference compared to initial outlay.

Best ever fuel figures i’ve had were from a 2007 regd 420 (the best and most reliable all rounder they ever made in my humble), 3 pedal opticruise but driven in manual mode, never exceeded 1000 rpm all day didn’t need to they were real luggers, admittedly lightly loaded both ways (clothing), two drops north London, ended up just over 15mpg on the dash back at base confirmed at the fuel pump, sad enough to take a pic at the time and no i can’t upload it cos it’s on an old phone i haven’t a clue of the whereabouts.

Again, lightly loaded, fridges, i’ve seen 12.4 mpg from a 1984 14 litre ■■■■■■■ E320, again never went over 1000 rpm and obviously manual gearbox but that thing was doing 70mph @ 1100rpm.

Now to heavy reality, fully loaded to 43t plus including an hour or so load fast idle blowing depending on product, back empty usually, depending on route best i’ve seen from New Gen 450 was 10.4 (so taking into account blowing time that’s the 11mpg as noted by Maoster), exactly the same fuel use as new MAN’s to within a hairs breadth either way, the difference being MAN needs driver restraint more than the New Gen Scanny or fuel suffers more.

There are so many variables attached to this to determine whether whatever MPG improvement is going to be a real benefit to the operator. Apart from the factors affecting repeating an improvement across the fleet, mileage run, loaded mileage run, price of fuel etc, there are matters to do with how the vehicle is financed which will have a perhaps greater influence. Some companies may want valuable assets (albeit mobile ones) on the balance sheet - and the more valuable the better - allowing a potentially increased borrowing capability: others may be more interested in overall costs over a period of years. We can say that a 2 MPG improvement will produce a significant saving over 500,000 km easily outstripping any premium in price for the vehicle. However the outright purchase of several vehicles will have a major effect on cashflow in the shorter term while requiring an extended period to recoup that investment, with attending rates of interest attached to that money, before savings materialise.

From an employees point of view how keen are we to see wages held down in order to offset the premium attached to the purchase price, which will in several years time be repaid generously to the operator?

cav551:
There are so many variables attached to this to determine whether whatever MPG improvement is going to be a real benefit to the operator. Apart from the factors affecting repeating an improvement across the fleet, mileage run, loaded mileage run, price of fuel etc, there are matters to do with how the vehicle is financed which will have a perhaps greater influence. Some companies may want valuable assets (albeit mobile ones) on the balance sheet - and the more valuable the better - allowing a potentially increased borrowing capability: others may be more interested in overall costs over a period of years. We can say that a 2 MPG improvement will produce a significant saving over 500,000 km easily outstripping any premium in price for the vehicle. However the outright purchase of several vehicles will have a major effect on cashflow in the shorter term while requiring an extended period to recoup that investment, with attending rates of interest attached to that money, before savings materialise.

From an employees point of view how keen are we to see wages held down in order to offset the premium attached to the purchase price, which will in several years time be repaid generously to the operator?

Sounds perfectly true. The whole picture needs looking at.
Knowing a particular expensive new vehicle may save you money over its lifetime, is no help if you dont have the funds to afford it today.
We had a batch of trucks supplied with low profile tyres, dealer recommended to improve MPG. Maybe there was an improvement because of this, but their extra cost, and replacing the poxy things every 60k km soon eats into that!

LL79:
Hi sorry if it was asked before but is there way to get rid off eco roll on Scania? Want to buy Scania but that thing drives me crazy every time im behind wheel of one…

you should ask a fitter but im sure it possible to switch it off with diagnostic software on a laptop, i’ve driven 63 plate scanias and eco roll was the only option, auto and power were switched off

or you could try diy

ebay.co.uk/itm/SCANIA-DIAGN … Sw2sBfJHtE

you should ask a fitter but im sure it possible to switch it off with diagnostic software on a laptop, i’ve driven 63 plate scanias and eco roll was the only option, auto and power were switched off

or you could try diy

ebay.co.uk/itm/SCANIA-DIAGN … Sw2sBfJHtE
[/quote]
thanks