Driving franchise?

Hey every one,
Be nice it’s my first ever post, let me tell people a lil about my self I am Jim,32 and lives in Scotland and I am ex military . I currently work one a farm driving trackers and trailers and not enjoying my job now more due to boss and his son taking advantage of my code of conduct, I am at a point where I think I would like to work for my self and would like to do it as a franchise, do any one have any tips and advice for me, only franchise I can find tarmac witch people don’t rate,

Cheers

I’m not sure exactly what you’ve got in mind, but it sounds like you’re asking about work as an owner-driver, is that right? It sounds as if you’re not already an owner-driver.
Apologies if you already know all this, but to run your own rig you’d need : your tractor unit, O licence with TMCPC holder, operating centre, “financial standing” ie access to £8000 for a single vehicle, and a bunch of other stuff.

Yea I was looking for owner driver just wonder if there company’s other than tarmac what did it, in Scotland fife area, yea I know about all the o licence and all the good stuff, but Then on the other hand I am looking at animal haulage.

Jim32:
Yea I was looking for owner driver just wonder if there company’s other than tarmac what did it, in Scotland fife area, yea I know about all the o licence and all the good stuff, but Then on the other hand I am looking at animal haulage.

Are`nt Breedon big up there ?

They use a “franchise” system, although you need a turban down this way to even get a sniff apparently, not sure how they recruit north of the border

I used to look after a couple of Indian brothers with 8 wheelers who were hindu, and the turban comment came from them, so i`m in the clear with any BLM on here :wink:

Thanx I look at there webpage can’t find info about owner driver, by looks of it I’ll be going with tarmac, just have to think concert mixer or tipper, Shame I thought I look good in a turban, (Blm :unamused: )

“Contract Haulier” you won’t find ANY company offering that for animal haulage.

Local quarries aye but they will want you in a new tipper/mixer well north of £100k so scary finance payments over 5yrs too!!!
Always arguments over “reserve fund” too ref amount set aside out of YOUR earnings to pay for breakdowns/servicing/tyres etc.

Seems to be a lot of Franchisee quarry hauliers about southern half Scotland but after all said and done just earning a wage with all the MEGA hassle that goes with it!!! :angry: :confused: :cry:

Big Truck:
“Contract Haulier” you won’t find ANY company offering that for animal haulage.

Local quarries aye but they will want you in a new tipper/mixer well north of £100k so scary finance payments over 5yrs too!!!
Always arguments over “reserve fund” too ref amount set aside out of YOUR earnings to pay for breakdowns/servicing/tyres etc.

Seems to be a lot of Franchisee quarry hauliers about southern half Scotland but after all said and done just earning a wage with all the MEGA hassle that goes with it!!! :angry: :confused: :cry:

^^^ my take on it as well, too much crap & control over your business…but will Manjit & Ranjit listen ? :unamused:

Thanx for being honest guys, it’s frustrating, just wanna make living working for my self, I would say I’ll be selling my body at truck stop but can’t even do that due to social distancing.