UK Trailers Pulled By Italian Trucks

Hi Guys,
Great forum, I have been looking for ages for information so this is a good find.

My question if I may, I had two trailers which supposed to purchased and registered by an Italian company but so far they haven’t completed the registration. They now have to move them as they are F1 trailers and we are going racing again, As they are still UK registered can they be pulled by Italian trucks in Europe and then to UK for 3 weeks? They will be pulled into Silverstone and parked for two weeks.

Services I need to sort on their arrival as I am also concerned at the lack of service that has been done since they left UK in December 2019.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Cheers all

Paul

When you say they are UK registered, do you mean with the new UK Trailer plates? Previous to these plates no UK trailers were registered anywhere.

gov.uk/guidance/trailer-registration

Morning wheel nut,
I was told that a foreign unit cannot pull an English trailer as in Europe the trailers carry their own reg where as here the unit shares with the trailer, may its an insurance thing.

As the trailers have the VOSA plate would this count as the sort of reg doc, indentifying plate?
The trailers also have European plates introduced for brexit.
If Italian units pull them in Europe and into the UK could this put my O licence in jeopardy?

Cheers for your help

Is this not the same as a hire trailer or a trailer belonging to a different company to the unit? The company pulling the trailer is responsible to Vosa?

Are not any potential problems regarding trailer registration only going to occur outside the UK?

Any and all UK owned and operated trailers going to Europe have to be registered and the registration number has to be displayed on the trailer. Registration costs £10 per trailer and is valid for 12 months. It is currently taking 7 to 10 days from application to registration.

Are your trailers fitted with only UK “C-Type” air couplings?
Italy used to use “Bertocco” type.

Here: “Duomatic”
alltrucktrailerpartsuk.co.uk/pr … -m16x1-5mm

Do-Able to change, but more than a couple of minutes.

gingerfold:
Any and all UK owned and operated trailers going to Europe have to be registered and the registration number has to be displayed on the trailer. Registration costs £10 per trailer and is valid for 12 months. It is currently taking 7 to 10 days from application to registration.

Hi Gingerfold
The trailers have been registered for travel in Europe, the Brexit plate as it’s become.

The answer I seek is wether the Italian tractors can pull the trailers without any legal or VOSA issues?
The only things I can think off are service intervals, as I have them on a 9 weeks schedule and in Europe the tractor and trailer are treated as two separate vehicles with both being registered, I think I read somewhere about insurance where here in UK the trailer is covered by the towing tractor.

Is it possible for a foreign truck to pull UK trailer legally ?

PaulvC:

gingerfold:

Hi Gingerfold
The trailers have been registered for travel in Europe, the Brexit plate as it’s become.

The answer I seek is wether the Italian tractors can pull the trailers without any legal or VOSA issues?
The only things I can think off are service intervals, as I have them on a 9 weeks schedule and in Europe the tractor and trailer are treated as two separate vehicles with both being registered, I think I read somewhere about insurance where here in UK the trailer is covered by the towing tractor.

Is it possible for a foreign truck to pull UK trailer legally ?

Regularly see Sealane and Europa UK trailers pulled by East European tractors