Most reliable truck

Which Truck make is the best in terms of being the most reliable and can take the most mileage before the engines need to be replaced?

They don’t make that one anymore :laughing:

Not a DAF.

I’d say best bet is going to be a Scania, you can’t go far wrong with a Scaina.

I’ve ran Volvo and scania, currently got Volvo only. I’m very happy with their reliability, with the recommended preventative maintenance you should get well over 1M km out of the engine without major work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well I’d say by your user name you’ve made up your mind.
I’ve driven several makes of trucks with well over 1 million Kms on them and showing no signs of the engine being on its way out, although in the case of some of the trucks I wasn’t sure if the cab was going to last the day. However I’ve also known people have major issues with the same makes at half that distance.
But its not just the engine failing that’ll leave you with an eye watering bill, other components can fail and can be expensive to fix and sometimes finding and fixing the problem can be far more frustrating and time consuming.

As with cars, what used to be go to rock solid reliable makes arn’t necessarily as good as they once were whilst one or two others who might have lost sight of the ball for a while are making a comeback.

Much depends on the type of work ie a parcel trunker on light motorway work in theory the vehicle should go on for ever, a full freighted bulk carrier on varied terrain the engine might need a rebuild at 800k.
How the vehicle is looked after re good preventative maintenance, maybe more frequent servicing than the typical 5 year leaseplan where the engine sees new oil every 100k kms.
Mechanical sympathy from the driver.

Buy new and you are in control of all the above, buy used and you really don’t know what the vehicle has been subject to over its life.

If i was buying new or nearly new from my most recent experiences it would be Scania or MAN for reliability, 10 or more years ago 3 other makes would have been considerable.