Potentially rechassing equipment on an old Foden

Hi all,

Looking for a bit of advice here please.

I’ve got an old Foden alpha (1) with a crash box on it which operates some demanding equipment (pumps) on the back. The pumps on the back take a direct drive from the engine of the Foden, it’s not a small PTO operation here, it disconnects the drive chain to the diff and alters it to a split box to drive the two pumps.

As the lorry is old but the equipment is still good, I’m thinking about finding a new chassis to mount the kit on the back to.

What am I looking for in a lorry to be able to power the auxillary equipment in the same way it is now? Is this still common practice stuff?

Any help is appreciated

If you don’t need to meet any emissions regs then stick with the foden and spend your money giving it a treat .

Punchy Dan:
If you don’t need to meet any emissions regs then stick with the foden and spend your money giving it a treat .

Hi Dan, thanks for the reply. We don’t need to meet any regs thankfully however it limits the amount it’s used so I think it would prolong the life of the equipment to find it a new home. I’m just not familiar with the kind of vehicles which have the ability to have such a transfer box.

If you looking for a new purchase I’d try Dennis .

Punchy Dan:
If you looking for a new purchase I’d try Dennis .

Hi Dan, Not Dennis the Foden hater, I do think with no offence to The Great DENNIS , He didnt try a good old Foden .So thats was his choice, I loved my old Fodens except the awfull S 80. Oh dear I was very dissapointed with its ■■■■■■■ 220 Engine powered Foden, So it got the hot spanner, The cab & steering box went to Brian Patterson of Aberagie Perth He made good use of it, Im confined to staying safe in my humble aboad, Which Im OK with as long as Ive got a full stacked celler of my taste bud flavours I f you get my drift, Take care Dan & Stay safe along with your family, Regards Larry.