New owner based in birmingham

Hello truckers…
I been following this site for long time now.i got my operators license month ago.
I am still wondering around to find any work for class 1 before we go and buy the unit.
If any one can help me to find any work or let me the best way or place we can get in touch that be really helpful.

Thank you

Just go buy the truck worry bout the other stuff later, what you need to be thinking is v8 or 750 , how many light bars do I need and will the colour match my curtains

Forget about you venture for a year at least.

We have a third of our fleet stood down, including two tractor units. There is virtually no work out there.

Even the v8 and 750s brigades are doing work that doesn’t really pay to put in a 124 or f12 in normal times

Thank you guys but one more thing

My transport manager charging me 300£ a month.so if I dont buy any vehicles till March 2021.
Can I still keep my operator license active and stop paying for TM HE CAN RESIGN.
THIS WILL SAVE ME 2500£
THANKS

Why would you need a transport manager if you are not operating at the moment?

Riho:
Why would you need a transport manager if you are not operating at the moment?

Because he already has an O licence, and will need to specify one on it.

Ken.

gill00358:

My transport manager charging me 300£ a month.so if I dont buy any vehicles till March 2021.
Can I still keep my operator license active and stop paying for TM HE CAN RESIGN.
THIS WILL SAVE ME 2500£
THANKS

So. You have no TM, and then all of a sudden the temptation to put a vehicle on the road without one, becomes too great.

If you are not planning to have vehicles until 2021, I would advise you to let the traffic office know, and seek their advice.

Ken.

Quinny:

gill00358:

THIS WILL SAVE ME 2500£
THANKS

So. You have no TM, and then all of a sudden the temptation to put a vehicle on the road without one, becomes too great.

If you are not planning to have vehicles until 2021, I would advise you to let the traffic office know, and seek their advice.

Ken.

Good advice from Quinny. See what the traffic office has to say about it.
In the meantime, instead of spending time looking for work which isn’t there at present, why not have a go studying for your own operator CPC? If you could save £300 a month it wouldn’t take long to pay for the course, and you would be your own man then.

I have to admit that I got mine by grandfather rights, (which tells you how old I am) but ive looked at the syllabus from time to time and reckon that with some study I could ace it.

Thank you very old john …yes I guess I will do that …buy got my grace period for traffic till 19 July just fot the email and it says in there I can even extend after 19th July. Thank you very guys for all your advice.now I put my head down tm course thanks again guys

:unamused:

gill00358:
Thank you very old john …yes I guess I will do that …buy got my grace period for traffic till 19 July just fot the email and it says in there I can even extend after 19th July. Thank you very guys for all your advice.now I put my head down tm course thanks again guys

Cheeky boy!!!

Good luck with it lad.

Old John:

Quinny:

gill00358:

THIS WILL SAVE ME 2500£
THANKS

Ken.

Good advice from Quinny. See what the traffic office has to say about it.
In the meantime, instead of spending time looking for work which isn’t there at present, why not have a go studying for your own operator CPC? If you could save £300 a month it wouldn’t take long to pay for the course, and you would be your own man then.

I have to admit that I got mine by grandfather rights, (which tells you how old I am) but ive looked at the syllabus from time to time and reckon that with some study I could ace it.

That’s a good idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk