Trailer lights wiring help

I’m after a bit of technical advice?
In my wisdom I decided to change the lights on the light board of our trailer (boat low loader).

I’ve fitted Perei hamburger lights, 3 on each side and wired them up to the existing wiring.

The way the trailer has been wired is that the light board is extendable so we have 2 leads with 7 pin plugs either side that plug in to 2 x 7 pin sockets fitted to the trailer.

The wiring from the old lights went to a junction box and from there the 2 x fly leads went to the 2 sockets on the trailer.

However, as I’ve replaced multi function lights with 3 function lights I have had to fit a reverse/fog combination lamp that has 3 wires coming out of it.

Where do these go? They are a Green (fog) red (reverse) and white (negative)

Any help well appreciated!
Ta.

These must go back eventually to the 24S auxilary plug/ socket. Negative to pin 1, reverse to pin3, fog to pin 7. The standard colours for the plug and socket should be white neg, reverse yellow, rear fog blue. Pin 1 is the large one at the top & pin 7 is in the middle. Be careful because pin 5 should be green and is an earth and pin 4 should be red and is permanent 24 Volt+

Lovely job, thank you. Would I be correct in assuming that one of the fly leads was going back to the 24s socket cause from the light units 7 core went into the junction box. Then from the junction box to the near side fly lead/socket only had 3 wires, brown, blue and earth, whereas the offside flylead had 7 wires.

Therefore, if I wire up the both sets of hamburger lights as per the wiring stated on the lights, to the junction box as they were originally, would they all be controlled by the 7 pin cable in the off side fly lead? Then, i wire the new combo fog/reverse light to the near side fly lead that only has 3 wires which sounds like it goes back to the 24s socket?

In that case you will have to power the correct 24S socket on the trailer to confirm wiring colours at the flylead you wish to connect to the lamps and test with a multimeter to identify positive(supply) and negative (earth). The individual circuit will work if you get these transposed but you will have some strange faults going on with other circuits. It is important that the earth return for the rear fog and reverse lights use the correct earth pin on the 24S socket and not any earth from either the 24N or EBS socket. This link should be of use:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_stand … connectors

That’s great, thanks very much for your help.