Commercial mot cancelled

we have had notification that mot,s for today and tomorrow are cancelled, with no idea when they will resume, RHA released an update on various items,
IR35 postponed for the year,
mots rha asked for exemption until test lanes reopen, nothing in reply yet, if you have applied for an mot chances are you want it to pass, so with safety inspections in place there seems to be no reason why they cant grant the exemptions until its sorted,
schools and other education sources would remain to be facilities for key workers dependants,

I was talking to our fitter today about this , surely if your score is green and you’re doing your 6 weekly checks properly then should be ok

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its either give an exemption or Vehicles will be stood down until a test could be taken. The implications could be catastrophic for all concerned…

Just get on with it, give the driver a copy of the original appointment as proof that you have done your bit, and off you go…

What makes you think you are going to get pulled anyway, they are civil servants, they will be self-isolating like a rat up a drain pipe…staff shortages ?..you bet :unamused:

For a min I thought it was commercial motor cancelled which would be no loss .

Punchy Dan:
For a min I thought it was commercial motor cancelled which would be no loss .

Soon to be re-titled Commercial Advert I reckon :unamused:

Vehicles and trailers whose mot expires at the end March 20 will be given a 3 month extension online automatically. If you’re putting a previously off the road vehicle back on the road, or you have a vehicle due it’s first mot by the end of March, you need to email them details and get an exemption certificate.
If they don’t sort anything out there will be a hell of a lot of mots due in June.

coiler:
Vehicles and trailers whose mot expires at the end March 20 will be given a 3 month extension online automatically. If you’re putting a previously off the road vehicle back on the road, or you have a vehicle due it’s first mot by the end of March, you need to email them details and get an exemption certificate.
If they don’t sort anything out there will be a hell of a lot of mots due in June.

My trucks MOT is in June

COVID-19 - heavy vehicle testing suspended
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic we’ve taken the decision to suspend heavy vehicle testing all Heavy Goods Vehicles (HGV), trailers and Public Service Vehicles (PSV) for up to 3 months.

From today, all HGVs, trailers and PSVs with an annual test due to expire in a particular month will be issued with a 3-month certificate of exemption (CTE) until further notice.

Paper certificates will not be re-issued for HGVs, trailers and PSVs but we will amend the digital record so that vehicles can continue to operate.

We want to ensure that all heavy vehicles and trailers remain legal whilst the country deals with the COVID-19 outbreak. So DVSA will be implementing the provisions within the Plating and Testing Regulations and Motor Vehicle Test Regulations which provide for HGV and PSV vehicles to be exempted from the annual roadworthiness test.

What this means for your vehicles
We will automatically extend your test certificate for 3 months from the current expiry date.

We know that test certificates for PSVs expire on a specific date. We are looking at how we can prioritise vehicles that have an expired test certificate and we’ll provide further guidance as soon as possible.

You’ll still need to keep your HGVs, trailers and PSVs maintained in a roadworthy condition and operate within the terms of Operators’ licence conditions