European rates

Just posted probably on the wrong board. But thought I would pass this on.
I have just been offered continues round trip work from Purfleet to ( France, Germany, Belgium, Holland ) 0.80p per km = 1.28 per mile. Nearly fell of the chair. Offering max 11,000km per month. WTF is going on. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Big blue brigade by any chance?

gkdsp:
Big blue brigade by any chance?

No actually not. They were offering a better rate than that 18 months ago. The rate I quoted was from DSV. Even the Flip Flops would struggle with that.

That is a decent rate for the flipflops actually. Back when I still hadn’t figured out what a futile exercise the relevant message boards were, I got into it with a local “entrepreneur” over the rates people were pulling for DSV etc.

He claimed he was making it rain for €.65 per km on European work. Which is of course lunacy, but if you don’t pay for the ferries nor roads, then fuel is cheap and €.89/km won’t put you in the poorhouse, given you of course get decent miles every week.

The big blue brigade only pay ferries, no road tolls apparently, are DSV any different and pay the tolls as well? to justify the low ppm.

I suppose it varies from country to country, I used to take a round with a DSV trailer whenever I had forgotten how much of a dumpster fire their EE logistics was (I did Turkey and Ukraine for them mainly about twice a year) and they paid for all the costs. Even unloading and reloading the trailer in Kapikule for the BG schmucks to have a looksie.

gkdsp:
The big blue brigade only pay ferries, no road tolls apparently, are DSV any different and pay the tolls as well? to justify the low ppm.

Yep they pay all tolls. Plus mont blanc But strangely only one way ? Payment terms are 1 month plus 45 days ?. But rates really are hand to mouth and they are only offering 11,000 kms a month. I did my research, but cannot see how those rates are sustainable. Plus they do not pay all deadhead miles on round trip work.