Ocrs score

Hi
Anyone out there have any experience with there ocrs score of late?
Cheers

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

In what way? I check ours every month.

Lonewolf Yorks:
In what way? I check ours every month.

First pg9 ever. 200 points for slightly under inflated tyre put me on red. Had report recently which explains everything. Wasn’t sure what could happen next with vosa

OK I’m assuming they’ve classed it as a Cat 1 defect (immediate prohibition for tyres, brakes and steering defects) to give you 200 points. That puts you well into the red band the threshold of which is 25 points.

This means that whenever you pass a ministry check you are going to ping up as a ‘high risk’ operator and are more likely to be pulled.

The score runs over a rolling 3 year period.

In your favour is that the total number of points should be divided by the total number of ‘encounters’ you have had with the ministry in that 3 year period. This includes roadside stops and MOTs. Good OR bad. So if that is your only bad score it should be mitigated by the last 3 years MOT passes etc and divided by that number. Not knowing how many vehicles etc are on your O licence I can’t be more precise.

Also the score is weighted by the number of years since the incident. In the first year its x1, so 200 x 1 = 200. However in the second year from the date of the incident its only 0.75 so 200 x 0.75 = 150 and in the 3rd year its x 0.5 so 200 x 0.5 = 100

OK thanks for that. Yes I have a truck just gone through test that wasn’t showing on report and my score is 26.14 so this should put me on Amber. Seems crazy 200 points for slightly under inflated tyre. Thanks again

On the slightly under inflated tyre, any idea on the pressure when re-inflated? Was it “110psi ” instead of “120psi” or was it more like “65” instead of 120. … 10 used as an example only.
Was it steered or elsewhere?

I’ll ask the tyre fitter exactly what it was before and after. It was a 3rd axle inner

75 before 110 after

Not exactly crime of the year, I’m surprised they gave an immediate pg9 for that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What weight roughly was on that axle at the time? Check with the tyre manufacturer’s technical data, pressure required depends on axle load. We never put more than 5t, usually less, through a drive or trailer axle. Pressures are 80 psi for twins or super singles.