Bus garaged in haulage yard

I wonder if any owner/operator can help please? I’m trying to trace an old Rossendale Transport bus that was kept in an haulage yard in either East Lancashire or Greater Manchester, but I’m not sure if it is still there. Its registration number is SND 550X and it was painted in a mainly cream livery with maroon bands. It was owned by a guy called Dave Roberts.

Can anyone remember it or knows if its still being kept somewhere.

gsy4

I’d still appreciate any help with this previous request for information.

Thanks

gsy4:
I wonder if any owner/operator can help please? I’m trying to trace an old Rossendale Transport bus that was kept in an haulage yard in either East Lancashire or Greater Manchester, but I’m not sure if it is still there. Its registration number is SND 550X and it was painted in a mainly cream livery with maroon bands. It was owned by a guy called Dave Roberts.

Can anyone remember it or knows if its still being kept somewhere.

gsy4

Can’t help with a specific bus but Rossendale Transport operated from Corporation Road, Sparth Bottoms in Rochdale and as far as I know still do, now trading as Rosso.
In the 80’s and 90’s the yard was shared with a number of hauliers, including myself, the largest being Oswald Ingham’s who did container haulage.

Hi, I don’t know if posting a request in this forum might get you a result - has a few people with knowledge on Rosso: railforums.co.uk/threads/ro … 85/page-19