Sprinter mpg

What mpg should i get from a Sprinter van

ranger:
What mpg should i get from a Sprinter van

How long is a piece of string , van height ,weight ,loaded weight ,engine and diff ratio are contributing factors not to mention the driver and road types .

Not used commercially but my 11 plate MWB 313 does 32-34 mpg. But I drive it like a granny and normally fill up with super diesel.

In a former life when I ran Sprinters I’d expect north of 30mpg, this was back in the early 2000’s so I’d expect technology to have moved on with more efficient engines since then however.

One thing to note though is that I found Sprinter engines to be extremely sensitive to blocked fuel filters and if ever I suffered a sudden loss of mpg I found that changing the filter asap remedied this.

the maoster:
In a former life when I ran Sprinters I’d expect north of 30mpg, this was back in the early 2000’s so I’d expect technology to have moved on with more efficient engines since then however.

One thing to note though is that I found Sprinter engines to be extremely sensitive to blocked fuel filters and if ever I suffered a sudden loss of mpg I found that changing the filter asap remedied this.

I could have got single figures for you, and no blocked filters, as the fuel would be flowing so fast wouldn’t have time to stop :laughing:

Owner will get better mpg than an employee.
An employee on hourly pay will get better mpg than one on trip money.
When do I get my Nobel prize?

Worst 11 MPG at 100 mph on the M1 or best 38MPG on the A1 at 50 mph or anything in between depending on weight and speed