Ad-hoc load rate (Super low)

I used to sub for Gist on a clearing house basis. I packed that up in 2015 after trying to keep the subbies rates up to where they should be, but having my margins slashed due to the likes of Kingbrooke etc just carving the rates up. (other hauliers were available too)

I then had a fall out with Gist cause their newish national sub contractor manager at that time, knew the new MD at Clan and decided to give them all the work I was doing, and paying them less than I was paying them? Wouldn’t have happened with the old school guys at Clan cause we all knew we didn’t have to stand on each others toes to all benefit in some way, I think we used to call that loyalty?

Gist are full of ex graduates who route plan with software and I would think very few have ever stepped foot in a motor. So its all about figures and targets and less about the reality of what it takes to run a motor. But while there are people out there doing the work for rates that would still be relevant 15 years ago, they’ll keep giving the work out at that.

Mind you, £450 from ■■■■■■■■■■■ to Grimsby aint too sad to get you out of scotch with a fridge, if you got the right money to go up in the first place. At least it gets you back in the game and its not down to Faversham, Thatcham or Hemel…then it would be a proper p** take.