Mercedes Atego brake pressure problem

Hi,
I have a 2006 Mercedes Atego 815, the brake pressure builds right up past 10 then drops and then this comes on the dash - “supply pressure display K2: faulty”. if I pump some air out the gauge pops back up again until it reaches above 10 then drops out again.
I was told it was the air dryer, I’ve fitted that and still the same. any help or advice would be much apprieciated

many thanks

Allan

I know nothing about merc trucks, but start with the easy stuff first.
Assuming 10 bar is too high a pressure which is why the error appears on the dash
Have you got an air gauge you can put on the air tanks to make sure it definitely is building up to 10 bar? It will make sure its not the pressure switch giving an incorrect reading. Also see the bottom point - not all the air tanks should have the same pressure in them.

Is the compressor controlled by an electrical or air signal? Sounds like its not getting the correct signal to stop charging the air tanks. Possibly the signal is from the air drier hence why you were advised to change it. Are you sure the correct new air drier has been fitted?

The air suspension system may work at 10-12 bar, but the braking system normally works at 8 bar. There are normally pressure reducing valves that stop the air increasing too high in the brake system tanks. Perhaps one of these is faulty?

Sorry for the ramble, hope this’d gives you some ideas

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for your help Coiler,

Some good information which I’ll check over the next couple of days, I’ll keep you posted on the results

Allan