Fuwa fifth wheel

Hello everyone does anyone have any any experience of a fuwa fifth wheel coupling. They are cheaper than a jost and look well built, they also have multiple grease points. As far as i know they are made in china

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Had the misfortune to have fitted 2 of these. Great for 6 months then the jaw kits go and a big headache trying a warranty claim and getting parts. Best advice i can give is buy S h1t buy twice. Not worth it.

Trucky Mc truckface:
Had the misfortune to have fitted 2 of these. Great for 6 months then the jaw kits go and a big headache trying a warranty claim and getting parts. Best advice i can give is buy S h1t buy twice. Not worth it.

Thanks for that I was thinking as much. Like everything i guess you get what you pay for.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I stick with what I know. Jost all the way

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chinese and well built are mutually exclusive.Their idea of steel is closer to plastic and paper.

Carryfast:
Chinese and well built are mutually exclusive.Their idea of steel is closer to plastic and paper.

I think China now produces over 50% of the world’s steel.

Carryfast:

The chinese will build or make things as well or as strong as you pay for, with the caveat of course that you check they have done as you have asked before paying :slight_smile: But that applies anywhere.

We deliver fabricated pipework to water treatment works that are under refurbishment all over the UK, sure the fabrication into specials is done here but the raw pipe is chinese. This even applies to the large diameters, 900mm for example. The quality and specification of that pipe will have been checked and certified many times before it’s brought into use. Not saying I like the idea personally but this is where we are.

manski:

Carryfast:

The chinese will build or make things as well or as strong as you pay for, with the caveat of course that you check they have done as you have asked before paying :slight_smile: But that applies anywhere.

We deliver fabricated pipework to water treatment works that are under refurbishment all over the UK, sure the fabrication into specials is done here but the raw pipe is chinese. This even applies to the large diameters, 900mm for example. The quality and specification of that pipe will have been checked and certified many times before it’s brought into use. Not saying I like the idea personally but this is where we are.

I think you’re correct.
Apple seem happy to have 95% of their stuff made in China.
Stuff made down to a price, rather than up to a spec, is made there too. They give whatever the customer asked (and paid) for.