New operator/ new truck advice

Evening

I hope this is in the right place and i hope you all can help me,

Ive decided to go as an owner driver and have got my tm cpc and been granted my o licence so its time to put a truck on the road.

Now ive been looking for months for a rigid 6x2 flatbed (hay/straw haulage and to put a livestock container on) so ive recently found 2 trucks that would suit me and would like your opinions please.

Option 1:
Volvo fh480 xl 825000 kms 28foot bed drawbad spec, i have yet to go see it but the owner assures me that its in excellent condition, its an original rigid and not a stretched, has a 9ton front axle and is a manual decent spec and looks tidy, all this for 16k

Option 2
Scania r420 with 530000 kms 28foot bed drawbar spec, again i have yet to go see it but ive been told excellent condition, this has been chipped upto a 490 its a R spec cab but a low cab i think a hiline its called, galvanised chassis, but it has a 3 pedal opticruise gearbox (opinions please) i have only driven one once and found it ok but heard they can be troublesome. Again this rigid was a 4x2 with an axle added so not sure about this again, front axle is rated at 7.5t all this for 16k again

My opinion is that the scania is better value as they tend to hold their value better and is lower milage, but all depends on their condition, any of these i should avoid? All opinions welcome, running costs? Maintenance costs?

It will be maintained by an independant fitter who is familiar with both

Thanks

Age of trucks would help as well

Christ i knew i forgot something, they are both 2008 plate thanks

How many km a year do you anticipate doing? The scania sounds better, but I’d rather avoid if someone has been playing with it (chipped), the Volvo sounds a bit more solid. You need to have a look at both and decide yourself. See if there is any maintenance history with them too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Get the fitter who will be working on them to check 'em out too.
A few quid paying him now can save thousands later.