ADR requirements for an unit

im looking at doing doing ADR work but only at packed goods level, I have all the personal ADR kit plus the brush and shovel, my question is do I need to have a battery isolator switch fitted and a different tacho head unit with the EX symbol ?.

Thanks

juggy0_1:
im looking at doing doing ADR work but only at packed goods level, I have all the personal ADR kit plus the brush and shovel, my question is do I need to have a battery isolator switch fitted and a different tacho head unit with the EX symbol ?.

Thanks

Hi juggy0_1,

The answer to your question depends on which UN Class(es) of dangerous goods you intend to carry.

ADR has no requirement for a brush, so that’s entirely optional.

A shovel (plus a drain seal and collecting container) are only required for UN Classes 3, 4.1, 4.3, 8 and 9

From the little info you’ve given, I can say this…

A battery isolator is not normally a requirement, but I’d need some extra info

A tacho with EX symbol is not normally a requirement, but I’d need some extra info

A properly qualified DGSA is almost certainly a requirement

======================

Which UN Classes of dangerous goods do you intend to carry?

What size, type and weight of packages do you intend to carry?

How many packages do you intend to carry?

I have a DGSA ready to appoint, I wont be doing classes 7, 1, and 2. and in no greater quantities than 1000kg for IBC’s and pallets weighing no more than a tonne, some times it may be a full load of 24 pallets. but usually less .

many thanks.