Driving without digi card

Is it possible to drive unit without digi card when picking up after repair, inspection or purchase…? Not sure about this…
My unit is in the garage for repair, it’s not been done on time and now I’m struggling to pick it up as running out of time and need to take rest break.
Many thanks for clarifying this to me…

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Apart from hiding the fact you’ll be breaking into your rest periods, how or why would you think this would be legally exempt?
I can’t think how you would be exempt from using your card and recording full details of your driving/rest etc. It will also show up as missing mileage on the vehicle!

I was unsure about this as I spoke to few of my friends and they said when they had to pop to the garage for tyre swap or minor repair or inspection they dont use digi within 50km

I could understand if it was the mechanic, where driving is incidental, or going only to annual test but otherwise sounds like they are trying to tell themselves it’s okay. It wouldn’t be exempt if you look at the .gov website examples And the other problem is managing interruption to the rest period. Alls good until it isn’t then it’s real bad!!

Driving in a rest period IS driving in a rest period.
Whether your card is in or not, you are driving in a rest period.
It really looks that simple to me.
And movement of vehicle without a card, is recorded on the head unit so if/when checked an explanation will be looked for.
A legitimate emergency movement may be ok, but a deliberate attempt to hide an obvious illegal movement may cause a “sense of humour failure” of the authorities. They don’t like being taken for mugs.

Perhaps you, and your mates who don’t put a card in for these movements, would like to ponder about the time devoted to the admin tasks which your businesses demand. Who is doing it? the person doing all the driving?

I have nothing to hide,never done anything illegal, my account is clear, it was just a random question at the time when I struggled!!! Just needed to clarify something and not to be suspicious from something I have never done!!!

Digital killed the analogue chart

phop:

Is that summat you heard on the wireless back in 52 ?

Buggles Transport

youtube.com/watch?v=W8r-tXRLazs

phop:

Very clever :grimacing:

pacho663:
Is it possible to drive unit without digi card when picking up after repair, inspection or purchase…? Not sure about this…
My unit is in the garage for repair, it’s not been done on time and now I’m struggling to pick it up as running out of time and need to take rest break.
Many thanks for clarifying this to me…

Would near guess a large majority of trucks are driven about country going for PSV or back/forward from garages WITHOUT a digital card inserted!!!

Up to you if you do it or not but “missing mileage” can’t easily be explained as long as not hundreds+ KMs!!!

Must be all total Angels on here nowadays!!! :grimacing:

phop:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
and magnets,and interrupters killed the digital…
what man makes,then man can break. ( usually a paddy or a flipflop ) :slight_smile:

It could be driven without a card in by a person who never carries a load or passengers in that employment.

But you’ll need your card in.