Some advice for tractor unit hire

Hello fellas, altough i’ve got some experience in this line of work for a few years, i’ve just got my o-licence recently and i would like to rent a tractor unit to get the things movin’. Have any of you got some advice from where i could rent a decent unit at a fair price ? Cheers

And how long a piece of string were you looking for, sir?

Fair Price ?

Wrong time of the year to be looking for a deal, Christmas is on the horizon & the “big boys” will be snapping them up in big numbers, unless the job stops on 01.11.19 ?

Cant see that happening though, by the sheer number of enquiries Im getting for “traction” for the next 3 months :wink:

Personally, Id have had this one in the bag well before the O licence was granted, as they wont talk to you without a trading history, or a very large wedge up-front…

And…Keep away from those shysters who advertise @ £295 [IIRC] a week for a unit, they are crooks, with crap kit & even worse back-up… #beware

As Stanley says rental prices this time of year will be sky high if you can even find something, personally i.d take a punt on something for a couple of grand to see you into the new year, get a bit of trading history under your belt and come January the rental companys cant give stuff away so you would get a much better deal

Stanley Mitchell:
And…Keep away from those shysters who advertise @ £295 [IIRC] a week for a unit, they are crooks, with crap kit & even worse back-up… #beware

You can include Truckfast in that, or if you see it another way on FB, Cheapest HGV Hire.

There are enough posts about Truckfast and their shenanigans on here, and I know of some that are in the process of legal proceedings against them.

Ken.

Speak to Scania Rental. If you are Yorkshire/Lincolnshire based, PM me and Ill send you a chaps number. May not be the cheapest way to get a tractor on the road but the back up is top notch. Go for a 295 Truckfast deal and the only thing that is gonna be fast is how quickly you remember the wrecker drivers name.

Franglais:
And how long a piece of string were you looking for, sir?

well im looking for around 6 months, maybe more .. depends, cause i`m thinking of going on a contract hire afterwards.

Stanley Mitchell:
Fair Price ?

Wrong time of the year to be looking for a deal, Christmas is on the horizon & the “big boys” will be snapping them up in big numbers, unless the job stops on 01.11.19 ?

Cant see that happening though, by the sheer number of enquiries Im getting for “traction” for the next 3 months :wink:

Personally, Id have had this one in the bag well before the O licence was granted, as they wont talk to you without a trading history, or a very large wedge up-front…

i understand mate, i have been trading on my company for 2 years now, just not with HGVs, only recent ive -upgraded- for an O-licence and going on this route.

Oh believe me ive seen all over the place that Truckfast s"%$, :open_mouth: , ive looked up the company on gov and it says that it was disolved this year in May, just out of curiosity i`ve send them an email and now they are spamming my email to give me a unit :unamused: LOL

nsmith1180:
Go for a 295 Truckfast deal and the only thing that is gonna be fast is how quickly you remember the wrecker drivers name.

Or which court you will be going to to get your deposit back.

Ken.

J&B in Cirencester (I think) rent M.A.N’s out at very reasonable prices. Speak to Andy. They’re good to talk to.
Tigga

Ryder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tigga:
J&B in Cirencester (I think) rent M.A.N’s out at very reasonable prices. Speak to Andy. They’re good to talk to.
Tigga

I would second that. Cricklade (Chelworth).