SN Licence

Does a Standard National O licence cover carrying 3rd party goods to Jersey Channel isles ?

Apart from permits, will you be allowed to drive a mainland truck anywhere in Jersey?

Everything we do for channel Islands, goes via ferryspeed at Hilsea, it’s easier, and cheaper the boss says.

I also take it that The Isle of Man is the same? Its ok to go there on a NS licence

AFAIR, they have no equivalent O lic system. I might be more mindful about the veh being able to readily negotiate some of the smaller road# to complete the final part of your delivery.

Whilst on the subject

Can you go to Belfast on a Standard National Licence?

I was asked the question and was unsure, told them to check with the OTC

JSingh:
Whilst on the subject

Can you go to Belfast on a Standard National Licence?

I was asked the question and was unsure, told them to check with the OTC

Belfast yes, south of the border no.

Franglais:
Apart from permits, will you be allowed to drive a mainland truck anywhere in Jersey?

No, I don’t think you can, I was offered a job to Jersey but when I looked into it there is a general width restriction on Jersey roads which UK trucks don’t comply with so all goods have to be sent port-to-port and then delivered on local vehicles.

Harry Monk:

Franglais:

No, I don’t think you can, I was offered a job to Jersey but when I looked into it there is a general width restriction on Jersey roads which UK trucks don’t comply with so all goods have to be sent port-to-port and then delivered on local vehicles.

That`s what I suspected, but you clearly know more about it than me.

Just looked into this some more, the width limit in Jersey is 2.3 metres so basically no truck which can carry two adjacent pallets widthways would be permitted. There’s also a 9.3m length limit for rigid vehicles and an 11 metre total length limit for articulated vehicles.

It was a P30 permit when I looked a few yrs ago ,we didn’t do the job in the end .