Doing the admin

The last few days have been addling my brain trying to do the various admin tasks every business has. What is it with people and companies today? Every task takes DAYS to complete.

Every phone seems to answer with an automated mesage which doesn’t have the option I want. Some simply don’t have an option to speak to anyone at all, or if you do get through to the operator then the extension doesn’t answer. If it does they need to transfer you to someone who ‘isn’t in the office today’ or it wants you to leave a mesage and number and they will ‘ring you back’… and they don’t. So it is start again.

Send an email and then… nothing, not a dicky bird…so we go back to telephoning… ffs. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: How on earth can anyone plan anything?

I think that Emails waste more time in businesses than they save. Before we had them we 'phoned whoever and got an answer to the query. Now in business we have multi-circulation Emails, half or more of which I don’t need to know the subject matter because it has no direct relevance to me. And these multi-choice phone systems…frustrating and time wasting.

Agree 100%. I have never yet benefited from “automated help”, the reason being that if it was a simple issue I had - that automated help might actually be able to help with - then I’d have worked out the solution myself already. If I am having to ring or email then the answer is NOT obvious so it is NOT going to appear in any pre-written menu or help file. By the time I’ve decided I need to ring someone for help, I know I need to actually speak to someone, but then they hide the number until you’ve wasted 15 minutes delving through menu’s, or worse, make you converse with a chatbot before offering human help, which normally goes something like:

ME: I’m trying to track an order but your website displays an internal error message.
CHATBOT: Here’s a walkthrough on how to track an order… .
ME: I cannot get that far. Your website is faulty.
CHATBOT: If you’ve purchased an item that is faulty, follow our returns procedure… .
ME: I want to speak to a human
CHATBOT: Did you know you can use the CHATBOT to get assistance with your queries? What can I help you with?
:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: