Cost of moving a 40ft container

As title says, How much roughly?

40’ high cube container, From Portsmouth area to Near Attleborough, Norfolk,
Need to be a self lift job as picking up from some farm and dropping it somewhere similar.

Also same thing From Portsmouth area to Coalville.

Not restricted to a particular date and time, but has to be moved by Sept 23nd, I think.

I would ask these firms ,Container Lift , not sure if they are based in the South Coast ports , and Pentalvers at Southampton .

toby1234abc:
I would ask these firms ,Container Lift , not sure if they are based in the South Coast ports , and Pentalvers at Southampton .

Yes container lift are down here as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shame it’s not a 20ft as my firm has an 8 legger hiab with twist locks and extending bed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

At a rough guess , Attleborough about £600 to £800, for Coalvile £500 to £600 .

Someone using one of these trailer mounted set ups tends to be a lot cheaper than getting a unit mounted hiab in but obviously you need to carefully assess if the collection and delivery points are suitable.

Wincanton containers have 2 of those side loaders. SC Corner near Barnard Castle have one but you may be a bit too far away.

you could try john weaver 07810158090

Didn’t GOATY on here have a side lifter, might be worth a message.

I am not sure if Goaty sold up his truck business or was ill , based at Ipswich ?

C J Harbridge Ltd at Stowmarket do it their number 01449771726

pig pen:

GOATY has packed up - but he might be able to put you in touch with someone, as he is still well connected.
PM me for his number

muckles:
As title says, How much roughly?

40’ high cube container, From Portsmouth area to Near Attleborough, Norfolk,
Need to be a self lift job as picking up from some farm and dropping it somewhere similar.

Also same thing From Portsmouth area to Coalville.

Not restricted to a particular date and time, but has to be moved by Sept 23nd, I think.

Hi Muckles, email me the postcodes and I can sort you out.

gtlinternational@aol.com

Cheers.

pig pen:

I did mate, it ended up with James Harbidge after Goaty Trucking finished.

toby1234abc:
I am not sure if Goaty sold up his truck business or was ill , based at Ipswich ?

Both Toby.

Toddy2:

pig pen:

GOATY has packed up - but he might be able to put you in touch with someone, as he is still well connected.
PM me for his number

:sunglasses:

Goaty:

Toddy2:

pig pen:

PM me for his number

:sunglasses:

Good to see you still ducking & diving pal :wink:

Thanks for the replies, especially good to see posts from Goaty, my boss has decided to send us down to empty the container instead, he was going to have to buy it at £1500, which I didn’t think was bad for a 40ft high cube which apparently is lined. But the transport cost he was quoted was £1500 from near Farnham to Coalville.

Thought there was no money in transport!

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Munchkin:
Thought there was no money in transport!

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Only if you’re the driver… :grimacing: