Operators licence disc

Disc on the truck I’m driving expired 31 August 2019. No one in office til 9am. Am I allowed to drive vehicle with expired disc.

AFAIK, even if the O licence expired it is an owner/operator offence rather than the driver. Bit shoddy by the tpt office though.

Yeah its a small company that run one leased 18 t and their own old 7.5t. Its the sort of thing they might have overlooked. If its one of those unusual times they dont pin it on the driver I’ll report it to them and crack on. Thanks for the reply.

silverman:
Yeah its a small company that run one leased 18 t and their own old 7.5t. Its the sort of thing they might have overlooked.

If they have overlooked giving you the new disc after they renewed the licence then no big deal. If they have overlooked renewing the licence then they have a big problem. And yes it does happen, our business neighbour did it and I think there was a guy who posted on here a few weeks ago that had done it, or not done (renewed) it in other words.

Not so great a problem here. They can just take it off the road for a while.

silverman:
Not so great a problem here. They can just take it off the road for a while.

Not just it but both if the operator licence has not been renewed. Firms probably just forgot to give you the discs though, bit pointless now anyway with all the info DVSA have instant access to from the vehicle reg.

No, they forgot to renew it.

silverman:

Yikes, there is no leeway or such like. when it lapses (expires) then it no longer exists. That means beyond the expiry date they have to start all over again with application, adverts etc. There is no leeway on the expiry date- thats why the application reminder is sent so far in advance. That is a serious position to be in for the company. The question would be asked how or why they failed to include thes in their planning schedule - like PMIs etc. I would like to think that even as I type, that the boss and TM are busy doing the necessary and your vehicles are off the road pending a positive decision about an interim licence.

silverman:

Ah, that is a problem then :cry:

Here is the other recent thread from the guy who did this if it’s any help :- viewtopic.php?f=4&t=161370

Like I said my neighbours did this too, worked out quite profitable for us as we had a quiet period and delivered all their stuff for them.