No Green Slip and Vehicle was on Private Plate

Hi Advice Please
I’ve purchased new truck.
Got given V5C, MOT certificate and plating certificate.

Went to tax vehicle but no green slip. Contacted dealer who said he didn’t have Green Slip.
Contacted DVLA told to complete V62 which I downloaded and completed.
Then found the MOT had a different registration number on it as well as the plating certificate.
So private Plate was transferred on V5C but not on MOT or Plating Certificate.
Now I’ve got Vehicle I can’t tax. I can send V62 off to get registration document could take 4-6 weeks, then need to complete VTG10 to to change reg on mot and plating certificate, could take about a month.
Need to get truck on road anybody any ideas of how to speed process up. Not getting much help from DVLA.

So who’s name was the V5C in ? The previous owner or the dealer ? Have you tried to tax it online using that document ? If it goes as far as payment then the MOT details have probably been transferred over on the database but the vehicle is still in the previous owners name. I would contact the previous owner and find out what they have done.
I guess you do not need me to say that the dealer is not doing you any favours…
I would also persist with DVLA, there are some helpful people there, you just need the right one to answer the phone.

I don’t think they change the registration on the MOT certificate when you change a registration, it will have a VIN number on it anyway.
Changing the Plating certificates isn’t a massive issue and I don’t think you’ll need the new V5C to do it, so you could do it at the same time.
The other thing to check is the tachograph, that might still show the old registration so will need to be changed by your local tachograph centre.

I was recently given a car, the V5 was missing, the owner had a photo of the green slip. (It was her car - my daughter), she lost the original during a house move. She transferred ownership online on the DVLA website enabling me to tax it. The dealer should have transferred ownership online before you drove away.

So how did you get on ? Just interested.