Trailer plating question

Thicko alert:

I would like to buy a triaxle low loader - proper break-neck, removable gooseneck, whatever - and run it at 44t GTW.

The job I have in mind is light enough to not require STGO but obviously most trailers for sale of this spec have been used under special types. Some seem to have a C&U plate on them as well as STGO. Assuming I don’t buy a wide 9ft one, does anyone know if I would be able to MOT one and use it with my ‘normal’ 6x2 44t unit?

Yes you would be able to but its a ball ache.
Also you would in my opinion de value it by turning it into in essence a normal trailer when the time comes to move it on…

Pm me if you want to know how to go about making it into a normal trailer and mot it mate.

If a trailer is dual plated, I.e. a C&U and a STGO plate can’t you run it at 44 t with a normal 6x2 tractor unit?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thanks for the replies folks,

coiler:
If a trailer is dual plated, I.e. a C&U and a STGO plate can’t you run it at 44 t with a normal 6x2 tractor unit?

That’s the essence of what i’m trying to find out, my current tandem axle low loader has it’s annual test next week i’ll ask them I think.